We’re on a mission to make saving for retirement easy. Our first product helps people digitally locate their old 401k accounts and consolidate them into a new account at any financial institution – without the paperwork, phone calls, and faxes of the past. In doing so, we’re automating the process by which $500 billion in 401k assets is transferred each year. We’re also making sure that the 15 million 401k account holders who change jobs annually don’t do the wrong thing with their assets – like cash them out, leave them behind, or pay excessive fees that erode their savings over time.
But that’s not where we’re stopping. We believe all Americans should retire with enough money for a life of dignity. Over time, we intend to eliminate all of the friction & fees embedded in the retirement savings system that stops them from doing so.
We’ve raised $15mm from leading venture capital investors including Canapi Ventures, Greycroft, RRE, Bling Capital, and Walkabout Ventures.
Saving for retirement is hard, with lots of friction and confusion. As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll play a key role in helping our customers consolidate their retirement accounts. You’ll be critical to ensuring customers have a great experience with us and end up with more confidence in their long-term finances. You’ll also be an advocate for the customer and share customer feedback with our product & engineering teams to inform our product roadmap. We’re a small team and moving fast — you’ll work directly with all members of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Guide customers through the Capitalize rollover experience and answer their questions through chat, e-mails, and phone calls.
- Become an expert on 401ks, rollovers, and IRAs.
- Communicate with financial institutions and employers on behalf of customers to help with their transactions, where necessary.
- Contribute to our internal knowledge-base and external FAQs based on customer questions/comments.
- Synthesize customer feedback and share with other team-members.
Who You Are
- You’re obsessed with helping customers – you can empathize with a customer and you don’t quit until you’ve solved their problem.
- You have strong communication skills – you can explain complex concepts to people clearly.
- You can think on your feet – you can easily adapt a script to the needs of the customer.
- You’re driven by mission – you believe, like we do, that it’s possible to make money and do good at the same time.
- You’re ambitious and optimistic – you’re keen to tackle big challenges, bit by bit.
- You want to have fun – you want to celebrate the wins with us.
- You can wear many hats – you’re a team player willing to chip in across the business.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a customer service or client-facing role.
- Experience working in the financial industry, preferably with FINRA licenses (e.g Series 6, 7)
- Familiarity with customer service best practices and tools.
- Able to work flexible hours if necessary to solve customers’ problems.
- Bonus points: experience at a startup or similar fast-paced organization.