Alice is looking to hire a Customer Operations Specialist who loves helping people solve operations issues related to payroll & benefits, and who shares the same passion we do for putting more money in the hands of working people without complicated forms or headaches. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful with pretax benefits and the Customer Operations team drives that success every day. When you are in place, Alice Operations runs as a well-oiled machine due to your efforts, focus, and diligence.
In this role, you’ll report to Alice’s Head of Customer Success and work with our repeat-entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has previous experience from awesome places like Adobe, CBS, Handshake, and Lending Tree. We’re supported by super smart advisors from Company, are of the CFSI FinLab and have excellent investors including Notation Capital and Trinity Ventures.
As a Customer Operations Specialist, you will…
- Meticulously tend to data entry and maintenance related to customer’s payrolls and benefits.
- Resolve payroll benefits related inquiries and provide support to business owners and their admins via Zendesk email and phone.
- Understand customer pain points, and communicate their concerns internally to influence product improvements.
- Use your product expertise to collaborate with our Product & Engineering teams.
- Build and maintain useful documentation for the Alice team.
- 1-2 years of relevant customer facing payroll, operations, or support experience.
- Truly outstanding attention to detail; you naturally catch small errors and fix them without having to stress or force yourself to do so.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts cleanly and clearly in writing; you know what bad writing looks like, and it pains you to see it.
- A general disposition of solving problems quickly and relentlessly; you don’t stop until the thing is handled. You don’t sleep if your tickets are approaching their SLAs. Inbox Zero is a way of life.
- Fluency in Spanish is a huge plus, both written and verbal.
- An eye for process automation; you can see when a robot should take over a task, and how it should best handle it.
- A savviness with spreadsheets. You have a few tricks up your sleeve here.
- Real dedication to Alice’s mission: to put more money in the hands of working people in the United States, without complicated forms or headaches.
- A growth mindset; an orientation of constant learning, experimentation, flexibility, adaptability.
- A no-ego approach; there is no job too small for you to tackle in support of your teammates.
- Inclination for startup work environment; you have a comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, an interest in discipline and action, and good taste for quality of work product.
- Must be US based/reside in US.
- Experience working in Zendesk Jira
- Spanish fluency, both written and verbal, is a huge plus.
- Experience/interest in Tech Solutions
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK AT ALICE
At this stage in Alice’s growth, you get to play a critical part in solving key challenges to scaling our customer experience organization.
- We offer mastery, autonomy and purpose. We will give people the tools they need to get the job done, help them up-skill, and give them a mission. At their level of seniority, they will have the autonomy to get the job done.
- You have passion for our mission, and educating others
- You are excited to collaborate and build our product, by collecting admin/user feedback
- Choose your own career path. Given the speed of growth at Alice, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your way into the role you want at the next stage of your career. Be that an exceptional individual contributor, a team leader, or a CX manager, we want to help set you up for your next role (hopefully at Alice!)
- B2B2C Customer Success. Anyone interested in the best practices around a proactive B2B2BC customer success organization will have an opportunity to learn and define the customer journey for Alice admin users and employee users.
- Writing Really Well. We’re looking for the person who loves simplifying and telling a motivating story that keeps the reader engaged.
- Scale! We are at a point of inflection in our growth where most systems and processes we use today will not be the ones we use tomorrow – scaling the ship as we fly the ship is a challenge unto itself.
- Drive CS culture and process. Getting in at the ground floor means you’ll have the chance to drive the culture of the Customer Success team, as we grow from a scrappy startup to a slightly less-scrappy execution machine.
- Everyone has a voice! You will find that working at Alice we recognize that good ideas come from everywhere. You will have a massive say in the direction and growth of our product and customer base at every step of the way.