TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Our mission is to make e-commerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Customer Onboarding Specialist, you will
- Establish working partnerships with customers and their implementation teams
- Spend time on calls, listening and talking to customers
- Understand the requirements and needs of a customer during the onboarding process
- Work closely with the Account Executive to ensure a smooth handoff from pre-sales to post-sales
- Work across teams and provide thoughtful workarounds for customers using excellent communication skills to explain any pros and cons to the customer
- Share feedback with the Professional team based on customer interactions to improve the product and onboarding experience
- Work with your internal resources to provide the customer with the right training and external resources for their needs
- Patiently and enthusiastically teach a customer about sales tax and TaxJar’s products via phone or email
- Work with Account Managers to identify key Professional accounts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple language that can be easily understood by customers without sales tax knowledge
- Be an analytical and organized planner
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with professionalism and care
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Have experience working with APIs and e-commerce software
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks as they arise
For this role, we’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely and thrive in that environment
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Are open, accountable, and very receptive to feedback
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are positive and an exceptional team player – hungry, humble, and empathetic.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave