At Linear, we are on a mission to bring magic back to software. To empower product teams to do their best work, we are building an issue tracking and project management tool that combines UI elegance with world-class performance. Founded in 2019, Linear has become the platform of choice for thousands of high-impact companies to build their products better.
Linear was set up as a fully remote company from the start. Today, our small but mighty team is distributed across North America and Europe. What unites us is relentless focus, fast execution, and our passion for software craftsmanship. We are all makers at heart and care deeply about the quality of our work.
We’re looking for a Customer Experience Lead to be at the helm of our support team, and work cross functionally with our leaders across product, engineering, and go-to-market. You’ll be equal parts strategic leader — working closely with our co-founders, and tactical executor — taking charge of implementing new tooling, improving processes, and streamlining collaboration.
If you enjoy working on complex problems, are eager to dig into the details, and are excited by people and processes, we’d love to connect with you.
Please note: We are an equal-opportunity employer and remote-only company. At this time, we can support hiring in the U.S. East Coast or Central timezone for this role.
- Product operations covers a wide range of responsibilities and scope. Your first mission will be to scale and organize our product support and community management programs
- Design and implement processes that deliver a high-quality customer and product experience
- Implement a metrics driven approach that helps us evaluate the success of our Product Support function and gives founders give insight into areas of improvement
- Surface customer feedback and insights that help shape our product roadmap
- Lead an in-house team of 3-4 senior Product Support team members
- Define the mission and strategy for Product Support at Linear, focusing on highest impact areas
- Scale our community and customer outreach programs, such as Slack and developer communities, technical demos, and early access releases
- East Coast or Central time zone strongly preferred
- Experience scaling and building a high performing customer support team
- Analytical thinking and background in creating internal processes and tooling
- Passion for technology, products, and Linear’s mission. Experience working with technical or engineering user base
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues, including APIs and integration setups (Github, etc.). Ability to reproduce bugs (Slack, Sentry, Zendesk, Figma, etc) in various environments (different browsers, Windows, Mac, Mobile, etc)
- Excellent written communication and customer service skills. Able to present and give demos to enterprise-level customers in an engaging and effective way
- A strong interest in developer community engagement
- Interesting and challenging work
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity terms (early exercise, extended exercise)
- Paid lunch and coffee during workdays
- Work remotely, no commuting to the office
- Paid co-working space/desk at an office
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (US)
- Regular team events and off-sites
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- 4 months of paid parental leave