We are looking for a customer-centric Cybersecurity Advocate that will be directly focused on our customers and partners. The person for this role is a security professional who helps optimize Aiven’s security experience from our customers perspective with the various security capabilities that Aiven offers. You will help create and maintain various internal and external customer facing documents describing security of networks, services, and accounts. This role requires strong technical expertise in security systems, a deep understanding of industry best practices as you will be directly supporting Aiven’s customers.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas such as Security Solution Design, Security Risk Assessment, Security and Compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS), Security Consulting or Professional Services, and strong communication and presentation skills. You will be meeting with customers/partners on a consistent basis allowing for positive and meaningful customer interaction.
This is a permanent full-time position and can be fully remote or in one of our Americas or European regional offices.
What You’ll Do:
- Help customers/partners succeed, building successful relationships during their Aiven customer journey. You will work in close association with the Customer Account Teams.
- Develop customer-facing cybersecurity education and training focused on bringing awareness and understanding of Aiven’s various security postures of VPC Peering, BYOC and ECE to our customers.
- Design and implement security training programs to promote a culture of security within the sales and marketing organization to educate employees about cybersecurity risks, preventive measures, and incident response protocols.
- Collaborate with customer incident response teams to ensure prompt reporting, coordination, and handling of security incidents. Develop processes for reporting and escalating security incidents to relevant customer stakeholders.
- Fully understand and be able to educate our customers on how Aiven protects their systems and data. This includes assisting in the development and implementation of risk mitigation strategies and controls based on security best practices that our customers can implement.
- Represent the organization in external cybersecurity forums, conferences, and industry working groups. Stay informed about the latest cybersecurity trends, threats, and regulatory developments. Engage with external partners, vendors, and industry experts to promote cybersecurity best practices and share knowledge.
- Stay abreast of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to cybersecurity.
- Participate in customer account planning to promote customer/partner stability, enablement, and growth.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
What We’re Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- Experience in cybersecurity architecture, design and operational experience in networks, data center systems, and cloud infrastructure and platforms (IaaS security, PaaS security).
- Experience in threat-modeling of complex systems and knowledge of common attack techniques and vectors.
- Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security solutions.
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage – block and object, networking, and security groups.
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.)
- Possess a solid understanding and ability to speak authoritatively to security principles in areas such as network, systems, virtualization, cloud technologies, application development, databases and access control.
- Hands-on experience, strong understanding, and demonstrated knowledge of enterprise security technologies including:
- Secure Multi-Cloud architecture
- Vulnerability Management
- Network Security
- Endpoint Security
- Advanced Threat Detection
- Privilege Access and Identity Management
- Data Governance, Identification, Classification & Loss Prevention
- SEIM, SOAR, and Security Operations
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with ability to build trusted relationships with enterprise customers and partners.
- Attention to detail, good problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management and Consulting Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers.
- Experience with open source-based security technologies.
- Basic understanding of compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to customer industry such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR, CCPA.
- Basic understanding of relevant Industry Principles, Best Practices, and Standards, such as NIST, ISO, CSA and ISSA.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant field, such as computer science, cybersecurity, or information technology
- Professional certifications, such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), Advanced Cloud Security Practitioner (ACSP), or vendor certifications from the major public cloud providers.
- Customer relationship management is highly desired.
- Conceptual and hands-on understanding of at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, Opensearch (Elasticsearch) or PostgreSQL
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you:
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between
- Get the needed equipment to set yourself up for success
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more)
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program
Make a difference at Aiven:
- Contribute to open-source projects that you find meaningful outside of work – and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open-source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
- Join one of our team member resource groups – empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you
- Need insurance: We’ve got you covered – benefit from our: Comprehensive health insurance options including dental and vision benefits and Life and AD&D insurance
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide you with a health savings account with Aiven contributions, as well as short- and long-term disability plans that protect you if you’re unable to work
- Looking after your future: you’re covered by 401(k) and roth 401(k) retirement plans