What You’ll Be Doing
- Delighting customers creatively over email, live-chat, and social media.
- Driving success for our customers with the Buffer platform and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins and outs of the Buffer platform.
- Working part of the weekend (one day).
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and .
Helpful Skills and Experience
We’re looking for the “ideal candidate.” Not all of these are must haves so please take the leap to get in touch, even if you don’t feel you meet all criteria!
- Prior customer support experience is required
- Documented technical or advanced customer support experience. This experience would involve helping customers with issues that require research and reproducing issues, an advanced and in-depth knowledge of the product supported, or resolving issues that are explicitly technical in nature.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and fast-moving environments.
- Ability to remain empathetic, even in difficult situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions. Gets satisfaction from helping others.
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and how Buffer connects to third parties.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way with a high degree of motivation to set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Well-practiced technical skills and experience working with more complex support (products that integrate with other products).
- Comfortable working with customers over email, both public and private social media communications, and phone or chat environments.
- Must live and work in the timezone range of GMT +7 to GMT +13