ou’ll be a part of a larger Design team while working closely with cross-functional leaders from Marketing and Product.
Brand design’s primary goal is to help more people discover the benefits of ZOE and build a stronger emotional connection with them through experience. Brand design works on initiatives that educate and build interest in ZOE’s groundbreaking science and offering in close collaboration with other teams, such as Science, Product, and Growth Marketing.
This role will report to VP Design, Vlad Zely, who spent the last five years at Miro, running their iconic rebranding and helping to grow the product and brand from a seed round startup to a unicorn, $17.5B business.
About the role
As Creative Director, you would have a rare opportunity to shape and mature a brand that changes people’s life, contributes to their well-being and does it on an unprecedented scale with science at its core. That comes with great responsibility and requires care on top of all the technical and leadership skills.
ZOE is a complex product with multi-faceted touch points: from physical test kits to digital channels, to partnerships with ambassadors, to medical devices and wearables, to podcasts, socials, and TV. An ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record across multiple domains, including physical and digital mediums and omni-channel campaigns.
You’ll drive creative excellence from concept to execution, leading a team of creatives and managing relationships with external contractors. Partnering closely with Marketing, Design and Product, you will help establish ZOE as a category leader.
Above all, you are a craftsperson who leads by example and finds joy in being hands-on. It’s a strategic leadership role with a solid affinity for design and creativity. Given our scale, we would appreciate a leader who walks the talk and is passionate about helping others deliver exceptional work through mentorship, guidance, and co-creation.
P.S. The brand identity is still quite fresh, and there are many ways and directions we can go about it. It’s also phenomenal naming with just three graphically-refined and very distinctive letters: Z O E. Imagine how many remarkable, aesthetically pleasing, and truly impactful things we can create with it. Are you up for a challenge?
- Deliver business impact through creative work, translating company objectives into design for web, socials, campaigns, brand activations, marketing content, and partnerships
- Own ZOE’s brand design, motion design and digital design to deliver excellence at scale
- Lead, mentor, and manage an internal team and run operations with external agencies
- Drive innovation, drawing on cultural, industry, and market trends, as well as new science and technology advances
- Partner with leaders across the business to support ZOE’s mission and contribute positively to company culture and work process
We think you’ll be a great fit if you..
- Have a proven leadership track record in managing high-performing creative teams. Experience in a high-growth tech startup and an agency background is a plus
- Have an inspiring portfolio showcasing expertise in creative strategy, advertising and social media, film and visual storytelling across different channels. Experience with a wide range of content types, from premium presentation to UGC, is a plus
- Are highly analytical, work with data and research to generate a solid understanding of customers to tailor your insights for the audience
- Are skilled at briefing individual creatives and agency partners to deliver the right content, pace, tone, and meaning
- Practice a human-centred design approach: focusing on people’s needs, prototyping and testing your ideas in close connection to your customers.
- Are a growth mindset role model who cultivates a culture of learning and mentors directs
- Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come in handy for success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don’t tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.