About The Role:
As a Taxation Specialist you will be the subject matter expert on tax advice planning for Facet’s clients. You will not only be responsible for coordinating Facet’s tax preparation program, but you will also be a part of our frontline team that keeps our company on the cutting edge of the financial services industry by presenting & educating the internal team on tax planning opportunities and tax code changes.
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Process 10 tax advice case briefs per week
- Research tax issues to develop effective tax planning solutions
- Coordinate learning center to broaden team’s tax advice skillset as a whole
- Coordinate with the Head of Planning on all aspects of tax advice as it relates to the Facet Way of financial planning
- Assist in building and managing internal teams to scale preparation of tax returns for the client base
- Preparation of individual, partnership, corporate & trust returns
- Preparation of federal & state quarterly estimated payments
- Support requests and questions from teammates and clients
Job Specific Requirements:
- 7+ years experience leading a scaled tax prep solution
- 7+ years experience in personal tax preparation and advice
- CPA Designation
- Advanced knowledge of different employee stock option plans (RSUs, ISOs, NSOs, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of tax law and regulations, specifically how it impacts individuals
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- CFP® Designation
- Ability to identify tax issues as they arise
- Ability to handle multiple client engagements in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and client service skills
- Client first attitude, professional demeanor, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Excellent computer skills along with the ability to learn in-house software and tools
- Dedicated to developing a career in the financial services industry with the potential for advancement within the company
Benefits & Compensation:
- $150,000 yearly salary
- Internal Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere in the US
Why Working At Facet Wealth Is Awesome:
Facet Wealth is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them, build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered and create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating!
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We strongly believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
We believe in creating a safe space for open and honest conversations, being inclusive of all communities, and ensuring Facet is a place where everyone’s voice can be heard. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Facet Wealth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.