We are looking for an energetic professional to join CrowdStreet’s legal and compliance team as a contract Corporate Paralegal. At CrowdStreet, we believe that paralegals contribute significantly to our mission to provide superior solutions that enable all investors to directly connect, invest and create wealth through real estate. You will develop strong relationships with our attorneys, building substantive and institutional knowledge that adds critical value to our purpose. You’ll work with experienced attorneys to provide high-quality, cost-effective legal results. You will collaborate with attorneys on a wide-variety of projects including private equity, commercial real estate transactions, business formations, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in and a passion for commercial real estate investing and transactions. You will assist our in-house attorneys and compliance group members in managing the legal review process from initial sponsor contact through CrowdStreet Marketplace posting to project launching and investment performance reporting. You will be responsible for assisting our lawyers in guiding the review of issuer offering and governance documents. You’ll gain expertise, under the direct guidance of seasoned securities attorneys, in legal matters at the juncture of online technology and commercial real estate investment.
The Success You’ll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- You will review real estate offering, syndication, and governance documents, including private placement memorandums, operating agreements, subscription agreements and reporting documents to ensure conformance with requisite regulations, CrowdStreet standards, and consistency with issuer offering documents
- You will assist our corporate counsel with the review of issuer structures and terms to ensure satisfaction of regulatory, industry, and CrowdStreet standards
- You will assist in the resolution of errors or incongruencies within issuer documentation
- You will review summaries of terms that appear on the CrowdStreet Marketplace to ensure consistency with legal documentation
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Minimum of two (2) years real estate transactional experience through relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate, or real property investments.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or business administration.
- Paralegal degree from an accredited program.
The Competencies You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with 506(c) and 506(b) offerings
- Understanding of securities offering and governance documents, and general principles of contract.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for learning and a self-starter.
- Capability to be flexible, execute on a timely basis, follow direction, and prioritize effectively.