Pluralsight’s legal department is looking for a hard-working, competent, and adaptable attorney to join our Contracts team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and integrity. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating various commercial and data privacy agreements with Pluralsight’s customers and vendors. This role will report to the AGC of Contracts and will also lead a team of contract managers. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, proven written and verbal negotiation skills, and experience leading a team.
Who you’re committed to being:
- Have a positive demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- Demonstrate passion for solving problems and making valuable contributions to the company
- Courteous, highly organized, proficient, reliable, proactive and use independent judgment
- Committed to your own and your team’s personal growth and development by actively seeking and providing feedback, and responding with action
- Open and transparent in communications with all partners – legal colleagues, management, customers and others
- Handle highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
What you’ll own:
- Analyze, interpret, and negotiate sophisticated provisions in a variety of commercial, professional services, and data privacy agreements to identify alignment with Pluralsight’s policies
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract review, providing guidance to internal and external customers on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, questions, etc.
- Lead a team of contract managers, providing guidance and feedback on contract review and negotiation
- As a member of Contracts team leadership, collaborate in team development and management. Recommend improvements and/or changes to Contracts team processes and procedures that create immediate impact
- Recommend and deliver professional development opportunities to Contracts team members related to your experience and expertise
Experience you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of substantive legal experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm
- JD from ABA-accredited law school and current bar membership in good standing
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally; must be proactive in providing counsel to clients
- Sound judgment and a strong eye for business with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions, providing advice to operations teams in carrying out the terms of the contract, as needed
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
- Good team player, calm under pressure
- In-house experience with a technology company
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) certification