Drata is looking for our first Controller to join our growing team. This person will be a key member of the growing accounting and finance team of one of the fastest growing, B2B SaaS startups to achieve unicorn status. You will work in a strategic, analytical capacity, and have the demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a startup like environment.
We pride ourselves in our ability to move quickly and get the job done, and are committed to making sure every team member is set up to exceed expectations and learn and grow in their role. This role will report to Drata’s Director of Finance and work cross-functionally to ensure the business is positioned for success from a finance standpoint.
What you’ll do:
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors and managing audit engagements
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued with at least ten years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience working in a scaling SaaS startup environment experience preferred but not required
- Possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations and provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Must currently hold a certified public accountant (CPA) accreditation and prefer candidates who have a master’s degree in business administration.
- Possess solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills
- Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
- An ability to multitask and manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Must be motivated by working with awesome people, and dedicated to helping take Drata to the next level
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans – for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Unlimited PTO: Unlimited vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $500 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, bonus, and equity. The expected salary ranges for this role is set forth below.
- $220,000 – $250,000