The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Corporate Consolidations Manager to join our SEC and Technical Accounting team. This is an individual contributor role that will report to a Senior Director of Technical Accounting and will primarily be responsible for managing the financial consolidations process and the integrity of the general ledger. This role will interact heavily with different areas of the Accounting organization as well as Financial Planning and Analysis, Internal Audit, Tax and Treasury. This role requires impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytical approach with a strong desire to improve processes and controls.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience leading the consolidations process at a large multinational company, preferably publicly traded. They also have:
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in companies with $1B+ in annual revenue, with a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA license or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP
- Deep knowledge of a consolidations process within an ERP system
- Extensive experience reviewing intercompany transactions and account activity to ensure proper elimination and presentation in consolidated and standalone financial statements
- Extensive experience with monthly revaluations, translations, cost allocations, including creation and maintenance of supporting documentation and reconciliations
- Extensive experience maintaining the integrity of the global chart of accounts and legal entity structure within the ERP system
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with cross-functional teams including International Accounting, Global Payroll, HR, business units, Revenue, Corporate Finance and Tax
- Experience in developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures and implementing internal control procedures (SOX) in areas of responsibility
- Experience with monthly financial statements and flux analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal policies
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, multitask, deliver high quality results within compressed timeframes and go the extra mile
As a Corporate Consolidations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze accounting transactions, ensure proper supporting documentation and reconciliations are in place, document clear desktop procedures for your processes and related controls.
- DRAW THE OWL: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down issues, identify applicable course of action, accounting guidance and relevant assumptions and propose solutions.
- BE AN OWNER: Be a leader and a specialist in your areas of responsibility. Take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of your projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and treat your cross-functional partners as your customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and integrity in analyzing accounting issues and reaching conclusions.