The Corporate Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting in the execution of established accounting practices including journal postings, reconciliations, and periodic preparation of financial reports for management ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles by performing the following duties:
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the closing of financial reporting systems, including preparation and posting of general journal entries and preparation and analysis of account balance reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
- Assist with developing, documenting, implementing, and updating, when necessary and applicable, processes and procedures within the accounting department.
- Prepare financial schedules in conjunction with the audits of the Company’s financial records.
- Interface with other departments regularly to provide a high level of customer service, including assistance with general ledger coding and transaction research as needed.
- Assist with adherence of internal controls
- Participate in ad-hoc special projects and company-wide initiatives as needed
- Employees should be willing to perform any reasonable work requested that falls within the qualifications but not specifically described.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline with 3+ years of experience, public accounting experience a plus
- CPA designation is a plus
- Working knowledge of basic US GAAP and SOX requirements
- A working knowledge of basic computer and email programs with strong MS Excel skills is essential.
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically Sage or other cloud-based system is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SALARY RANGE BELOW FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $50,000 – $80,000 (bonus offered in addition to base compensation)