The Corporate Account Executive (AE) at Okta is responsible for driving new customer acquisition and growing revenues within our install base of medium sized businesses. In order to hit revenue targets, the AE will develop and execute strategies and activities in the following key areas: territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing.
AE’s at Okta strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are facing and map Okta’s solutions to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. Okta AE’s cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining credible knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. In this high-velocity role, you’ll get to present to customers/prospects both on-site and remotely. Expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with sales development reps, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Okta is a company that promotes strong performers from within, this is an incredible opportunity to kickstart your career in sales at a fun and rapidly growing tech company in Sydney, Australia.
Some of our Sydney customers include Airtasker, Safety Culture, Caydon Properties, HESTA super fund, + many more.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close new logos and upsell opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Manage Okta’s sales cycle from lead generation to negotiations and close
- Prospect, build and maintain a sales pipeline that accurately forecasts attainment and revenue goals
- Hit or exceed a quarterly quota
- Work with channel partners to extend Okta’s footprint within existing customers
- Develop strategic and professional presentation decks for prospects
- Work with our Sales Development Representatives to ensure the proper qualification of warm and cold leads
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- Ability to travel 10%-15%
- 3-5 years of experience closing new logo sales in a b2b technology environment
- SaaS/Cloud/IT experience strongly preferred
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding monthly and quarterly quotas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- BS/BA degree required