Good copywriting is clear, concise, and never cliché. Great copywriting transforms just a few words into an emotive experience that takes root in the mind of the beholder and leaves a lasting impression. At Mercury, we aspire to greatness, pushing boundaries and defying expectations as we go.
We’re looking for a strong leader for our talented copywriting team. The ideal candidate is a demonstrated master of words and an experienced mentor/coach with a passion for developing high performing teams.
Some things you’ll do:
- Manage and coach a team of talented copywriters who write a wide variety of copy – website, email, ads, videos, and some editorial.
- Partner with Heads of Brand and Product Marketing to refine and further develop company and product positioning and messaging.
- Define and implement a copywriting strategy that ensures there is thought and care behind each word choice.
- Partner with Content Lead to own the style guide, building upon our brand strategy to push our brand voice in fresh ways while retaining the elements that make it distinctly Mercury.
- Evangelize the brand voice throughout the company and create a system that ensures all copy, regardless of who writes it, is on brand and compliant.
The right person can come from a variety of backgrounds, but we think that these qualities would help:
- 8+ years of your own copywriting experience, and 2+ years of managing copywriters.
- Participated in and ideally led positioning and messaging workshops.
- Experience working within the constraints of a highly regulated industry.
- Familiarity with and deep empathy for startup founders and/or their finance teams.
- Eager to take thoughtful creative risks.
- Particular expertise in very short form copy (e.g. website heroes, OOH).
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the strategy behind word choices.
- Deep passion for mentoring and developing high performing teams.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay Area: $163,500–$192,300.
US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay Area: $147,200–$173,100.
Canadian employees (any location): CAD 148,800–175,000.