Saxum is an issues-obsessed agency delivering strategic campaigns and digital solutions for a changing world. We partner with impact-obsessed businesses, brands, organizations, and philanthropies who are dissatisfied with small ideas for their big challenges. We provide meaningful and measurable change because we are creative thinkers who love data.
Our clients are active in, contributing to, advancing and improving five important issues in America today: Criminal Justice Reform, Education, Placemaking, Infrastructure & Energy, and Disruptive Ventures.
Our values are BOLD:
- Brave – We speak up, stand up and act when others stand still
- Original – We champion new ideas and embrace unique perspectives
- Lively – We love our work and celebrate our community
- Driven – We move with a constant sense of urgency
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make all of us who we are. We draw our strength from our collective experiences, fostering a culture of belonging and innovation.
Saxum offers professional and personal benefits, including remote work, health, dental and short-term disability insurance, generous PTO, an IRA retirement plan, flex time, telecommuting days, and other benefits. We’ve been named one of America’s fastest-growing businesses on the Inc. 5000 every year since 2012.
Saxum is looking for an ambitious Copywriter with a big heart to help lead a roster of social and corporate good clients. This role would partner closely with our ECD, CD and Art Directors to create challenging and meaningful work. We are seeking a digital marketing-savvy problem-solver who has experience across multiple digital platforms, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and focuses on delivering value for clients and Saxum. This role will be responsible for the following areas:
- Inspire and deliver exceptional work and creative solutions
- Be a strategic leader for the team and your clients
- Partner with internal and external teams to deliver campaigns that excite the audience and are on brief, on brand, and on budget
- Hold the standard of all work going out the door
- Grow and build the copywriting skill set within Saxum
- Work well as an Art and Copy team in a collaborative environment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ideation and concepting mastery
- Award-winning copywriting experience and portfolio
- National brand experience
- Experience working with B2B, B2C, and foundations or non-profits
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with client service, digital, and technical teams to deliver excellent work
- Agency experience is required
- Experience: 4-7 years of experience in copywriting & 1+ mentoring others
- Education: Bachelor’s degree. Preferred writing emphasis.
- Programs/Software: Adobe Suite, Google Suite
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics: We’re seeking a strategic thinker who is energetic, positive, highly motivated, and creative. A commitment to hustle and lifelong learning, and a strong work ethic are critical. This person must work well in a fast-paced, team environment under demanding deadlines and have excellent time management skills. The person must be flexible/agile, a great listener and problem-solver, and place priority on DEI.