The Automated Care team at Amwell is helping to transform healthcare from reactive to proactive by partnering with health systems and other healthcare organizations who use our Automated Virtual Care & Triage platform to improve patient care and health.
Automated Care programs (ranging from chronic care and lifestyle management to pre- and post-procedure support) guide patients on evidence-based pathways to better health outcomes. Clients use our automated, personalized chats to support, triage, and communicate with patients in a scalable way. The chats enhance patient engagement and collect valuable patient-generated health data that can be used to drive behavior change.
The Conversation Design team focuses on the patient experience, maximizing patient engagement and aligning provider goals with patient needs by translating health information in a patient-friendly, clear, and easy-to-use format that meets patients where they are.
As a Conversation Designer, you will use writing, editing, health literacy, interaction design, and visual design skills and best practices to architect natural conversations. You’ll gain experience collaborating with client clinical teams, internal clinical informaticists, and operations team members. You’ll learn to synthesize clinical workflows and advocate for the patient voice to design chat experiences.
Grounded in self-determination theory and human-centered design, the Conversation Design team manages the Automated Care content program library, including conversation scripts, image and video assets, and patient education. Team members manage multiple projects independently, but work closely together to ensure consistency and establish best practices in this evolving fast-paced environment.
The Conversation Designer will report to the Senior Manager of Conversation Design.
- Contribute to the creation of new and existing chat programs across multiple medical disciplines. Must be able to handle multiple implementations at a time.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members (Operations, Clinical Informatics) across the development cycle (discovery to testing).
- Working with internal teams, guide client clinical teams to define provider goals, clinical needs, deconstruct the patient journey and clinical workflows, and uncover patient needs. Learn to lead client content and script reviews.
- Reflect Conversa’s Editorial and Style Guide in all deliverables. Champion the patient voice and adhere to health literacy best practices.
- Ensure continual assessment and refinement of program content by analyzing user data, outcome measures, user feedback, and testing.
- Partner with UX/UI, clinical and engineering teams to ensure Conversa platform tools, features, and functionality enable effective and efficient conversation design. This includes identification of bugs and fixes, as well as new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as public health, healthcare, writing, UX design)
- 3+ years content experience in the healthcare market creating health consumer and/or patient-facing content
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrated experience writing clear, concise copy for patient and/or health consumer audiences
- Knowledge of medical terminology and an ability to apply health literacy and plain language best practices to communicate effectively and equitably with patients
- Ability to think through complex user flows and logic to create simple, highly engaging user experiences
- Experience collaborating with internal and external partners throughout the development process
- Experience working with clinical professionals and subject matter experts
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to excel in a fast-paced environment
- The typical base salary range for this position is $68,960- $94,820