We’re looking for a Controller who will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounting operations and be the primary liaison between our external accountants and Head of Finance. Our whole team works fully remotely, so this is a work-from-home position.
About the Role
This role will include:
- Serving as trusted advisor to the Head of Finance and other senior leaders across the company on accounting and financial reporting matters, including implications of new products and other strategic initiatives
- Streamlining and owning our overall monthly close process in an effective and timely manner
- Serving as the primary point of contact with our external accounting team with the intended goal of bringing the accounting function fully in-house
- Owning the annual and quarterly tax filings including external auditor relationship management and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal tax laws
- Driving implementation of new processes and systems to automate manual activities and increase operational efficiencies for the accounting organization, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll processes
- Upleveling and automating billing and invoicing processes in close partnership with RevOps
- Overseeing the statutory and compliance processes including all filing and audit related requirements
- Liasing with the Kojo’s external auditors and advisors on audit, accounting, and other matters
We are eager to bring on our first in-house Accountant! A collaborative go-getter with deep subject matter expertise who loves to build processes from the ground up will thrive in this role.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting/Finance) or related field; CPA is required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience; ideally in a combination of Big 4 and SaaS start-up or publicly traded high tech companies
- Deep familiarity of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP), especially ASC 606 Revenue Recognition; Enterprise contracts experience a plus
- Track record of success scaling accounting functions and systems for a growth-stage enterprise SaaS startup
- A strong foundational knowledge of business processes and internal controls
- Reliably excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment
- Proven ability to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects, along with “wearing multiple hats” in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of attracting, managing and developing top talent
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Xero, Airbase, and Expensify; Netsuite implementation a plus
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
What you care about:
- Intentional Communication: You are thoughtful around what type of communication is necessary to achieve your goals expediently.
- Impact: You’re both fast-paced and detail-oriented.
- Accountability: You are motivated by having the space to make your best judgments about what should be done and how to do it.
The salary range for this role is between $165,000 and $185,000 for candidates located in the US. See details about compensation ranges below.