As a Controller, you will be a key contributor and leader for the financial operations of our rapidly growing company. You will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and development of a high-performing accounting team.
You must be excited to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and own critical decision-making responsibilities to build the team and someone who can be a player-coach, as needed — adept at manipulating, analyzing, and auditing large volumes of data, but also a skilled people manager. The position requires strong financial, accounting, and management skills, a strong business sense, and the ability to understand the big picture while being detail-oriented. You will report to the CFO and manage current, and hire future, members of the accounting and tax teams.
- Manages the daily accounting operations to include revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and operational cash management.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision-making.
- Responsible for monthly financial close including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Timely preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules. Build IPO-ready reporting processes for SEC reporting and Sarbanes- Oxley compliance.
- Creates, reviews, updates and enhances the Company’s accounting policies and procedures as well as monitoring their consistent application.
- Administration of the company system of internal controls and financial systems.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate income, payroll, and other applicable taxes and licenses.
- Manages year-end financial audits and other financial compliance reviews as necessary.
- Primary liaison for Company’s insurance and audit relationships to ensure compliance with business, regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Works with the Director of FP&A to ensure coordination of timely publishing of metrics, forecasts, and budgets.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- CPA with BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited college or university; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 12+ years of accounting experience preferably within the software/SaaS industry environment. Experience with ASC 605 and 606 is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of ASC 606, ASC 718, FIN 48
- At least 3 years of accounting experience at a senior designation, leadership, or management level, preferably in a software or technology-based environment, including leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge of General Ledger, consolidations, month-end close process, and GAAP.
- Strong, analytical communication (verbal and written), project management, and business partnering skills.
- Ability to manage the deployment of new software/accounting systems.
- Big 4 CPA organizations experience a plus.