Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manufacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues – creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As the Controller at Gooten, you’ll focus on continuing to design and implement an effective internal control environment, maintaining high technical accounting standards, and managing Gooten’s tax strategy. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, you will expand upon our existing accounting organization and help to provide financial guidance across the board. This is a fully remote role and you will be working with teammates across Europe and the Americas.
How you’ll power eCommerce:
- Own the monthly financial close process and associated activity to deliver reporting to management, shareholders, regulatory agencies, and the Board of Directors
- Coordinate and manage the external audit process
- Manage and coordinate all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including sales tax research, collection and remittance
- Own and improve processes across the Finance organization
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements
- Contribute to assessment and implementation of ERP and other key accounting systems
- Monitor and analyze operating results against budget and provide recommendations for improvement
You should have:
- 7-9 years of relevant experience, preferably within a high growth organization and with at least 2-3 years in a management role
- Deep expertise in accounting policies and procedures with strong technical accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP compliance as well as internal controls, internal and external reporting, and tax
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software
- Experience with sales tax software (specifically Avalara or similar)
- CPA and/or previous Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience in eCommerce or retail preferred
The really important stuff:
- Be part of the village: We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America, and South America and we are energized by the diversity of thought our team brings to the table.
- Care for your family: We carry a comprehensive parental leave for new parents in our different geographies
- Life in balance: We’re passionate about our work, yet we are believers in taking time to relax and recharge. We offer 30 days of paid time off (this includes holidays), so you’re able to schedule breaks according to your beliefs and values!
- Continue learning: We offer financial assistance for continuous development related to your current or future role in the company and are invested in helping you as a person and professional.
- Take ownership: Every teammate who joins Gooten receives meaningful equity in the company. Our people are directly responsible for our success and we want our entire team to benefit from what we are achieving together.