Carrot is seeking a Contract Manager to manage the process for Carrot’s commercial contracts, including master service agreements, amendments, renewals and more. You will help the lawyers draft and review documents from forms, manage the non-legal issues arising from contracts, improve upon forms, playbooks and processes and be a contracts resource to cross-functional partners. The right professional for this position thrives on managing many documents, and working with multiple internal clients, at once, while remaining focused on Carrot’s priorities.
The Contract Manager reports to Carrot’s Managing Commercial Counsel and sits within a pod of other legal professionals, including other contracts managers, attorneys and legal ops professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years experience working within an in-house legal team
- You masterfully use Microsoft Word (meaning you can draft, format, follow and utilize track changes, edit a TOC, tables, signature blocks, and update Styles, as well as run redlines)
- You understand, and have robust experience working in, Ironclad
- Attention to detail: An eye for detail to the point where you can see two spaces instead of one. You are responsible to ensure that the contract has the right names, information and even number of digits (from the contact phone number to the contract value)
- Communication skills: Can collaborate in writing and/or verbal via Email, Slack, MS Word comments, Google Docs comments and Zoom
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously
- Remote work experience: You have been trained, and worked in, a fully remote environment
- Business knowledge: You know, generally, how business works, what are standard clauses in a commercial contract, how they work and for what purposes
- Negotiation skills: You can negotiate internally within the business, and assist with negotiations externally with a counterparty to make reasonable, non-legal changes
- Understanding of risk management/compliance: You need to know how to determine risk and oversee contracts so that they conform with regulations and obligations and escalate to the right lawyer for issues that are beyond “by the book”
- Love for improvement: Small companies have lots of room for improvement. You should have a love for process, improvement and playbooking because you will need to better automate your processes or streamline your methods to grow (for yourself and with the company)
- Collaboration skills: We have different personality types and you will likely work with some or most of them, both externally and internally, to create and revise contracts, forms and playbooks since commercial contracting covers many different business functions
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The starting base salary for this position will range from $71,000.00 – $94,000.00. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and