DigitalOcean’s Legal Department is looking for a talented and motivated Contracts Analyst/Negotiator to support its product, infrastructure, operations, and sales teams. These teams belong to diverse functional areas including business operations, engineering, security, logistics, networking and others.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the team responsible for providing day-to-day contracting advice and working directly with principal business owners. This is a remote opportunity where the Legal team will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partnering with DigitalOcean’s business teams to draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of complex commercial contracts, such as licensing agreements, service agreements, NDAs and sales contracts
- Creating and implementing contract management process improvements
- Designing team playbook for contract negotiations
This is a rare opportunity to join an exceptional Legal team that is excited about changing the world through technology. The role offers tremendous responsibility and diversity working with world-class attorneys, executives and business partners. If you want amazing work, the ability to make an impact and the opportunity to solve critical company issues, this role is for you.
What You’ll Add to DigitalOcean:
- 5-8 years of contract management, negotiation, transactional paralegal, or other comparable experience
- In-house contract management experience preferred, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many simultaneous workstreams, clients, and projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Foreign or US law degree (JD or LLM) a plus, but not required
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees’ overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*Salary range of $100,000-$125,000
*Bonus of 10%
*ESPP employee contribution
*Medical, Dental, Vision offered and costs covered by DigitalOcean up to 90%
*Gym Stipend of $100/month
*Internet/Phone Stipend of $200/month
*401(k) match up to 4% with no vesting