BigCommerce , named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a skilled Technical Content Writer to join our growing team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by creating impactful, original content that fuels the customer journey.
The Technical Content Writer will report to the Director, Product Marketing Content and will work closely with the Content Marketing and Developer Relations teams to conduct research, write and edit technical content designed to drive awareness, engagement and product adoption for BigCommerce’s headless platform capabilities and other features which appeal to technical ecommerce decision-makers and developers. This person must have a strong technical writing portfolio and be skilled at distilling complex concepts into easily understandable and digestible content.
You Must Have
- 5+ years experience writing credible, professional and original technical marketing content.
- A robust writing portfolio with a focus on technical content, including content geared toward a technical or developer audience.
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Computer Science.
- A thorough understanding of headless ecommerce software and/or enterprise ecommerce SaaS (software-as-a-service). Previous coding and/or developer experience is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of content’s role in the customer journey.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver projects to meet deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Product Marketing, Content Marketing and Developer Relations teams to understand the technical/developer audience needs and pain points to translate into compelling, original content.
- Research, write and edit content for BigCommerce’s technical/developer audience, including blog posts, articles, guides, whitepapers, case studies and more.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present complex concepts and technical information to the target audience.
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation team to identify content opportunities for use across multiple content types and platforms in support of Mid-Market and Enterprise campaigns.
- Understand content performance KPIs and continue to refine the content based on performance metrics.
- Uphold the integrity of BigCommerce content by ensuring content is consistent with the brand voice and style, as well as optimized for search and user experience.
Who You Are
- Communicator – Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally. You have the ability to distill complex concepts into easily understood content.
- Technically Proficient – You are extremely comfortable with pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and are comfortable collaborating with product-focused teams.
- Problem Solver – You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Customer Focused – You have a passion for solving real customer needs with technology and talking to them directly as well as through empathetic marketing messaging
- Collaborative – You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed – You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable – You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Ethical – You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.