Content Marketing Specialist
SevenFifty is on a mission to power a connected alcohol supply chain by leveraging the nation’s largest network of producers, distributors, importers, retailers, and restaurants. We are uniquely equipped to lead the charge of a full-blown digital transformation by utilizing our comprehensive database of wines, beers, and spirits and making it accessible through a SaaS-enabled marketplace.
As Content Marketing Specialist, you will collaborate with our sales, marketing, and product teams to execute a content strategy that speaks to a variety of drinks professionals from across the alcohol industry—from sommeliers to brewers to winery owners to traveling sales reps. You’ll dream up compelling creative concepts and write engaging B2B content across multiple channels, including digital, print, email, social, video, and ads. You will leverage our internal subject matter experts to create assets that help the beverage alcohol trade use SevenFifty’s online marketplace services and adopt emerging ecommerce tools. Best of all, you will maintain and evolve our welcoming, hospitality-driven brand voice, with a mission to connect an extraordinary community of drinks professionals from across the industry.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Brand and Communications.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to and execute a content strategy that engages prospects and customers.
- Ensure that all marketing communications are on-brand and on-message.
- Focus on results—not the volume of content—that support the goals of our partner teams, digging into performance results to understand what content works best for which channels and audiences.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members, especially graphic design, to assist in content production and ensure all content integrates with SevenFifty’s overall marketing strategy.
- Influence marketing program plans, including all related promotional tactics and copy, to enhance the reach and visibility of all created assets.
- Work cross-functionally to find new ways to leverage data intelligence for content marketing.
- Leverage SEO insights to attract prospects and customers to relevant, timely and evidence-based content to help move them through the sales funnel.
- Manage all social posting and drive performance and engagement from social insights metrics.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed.
You’ll love this job if you are:
- Curious: You are excited to learn a new, complex industry that requires smart, targeted messaging for a variety of user types.
- Resourceful: You aren’t afraid to create new pieces of content and iterate from key learnings.
- Attentive: You enjoy finding exactly the right word for the right asset, love developmental editing and copy editing, have a knack for strategic copy that drives action, and obsess over style guides.
- Collaborative: You work well with others and enjoy being a central party between multiple teams.
- Action oriented: You like to get things done quickly and meet deadlines consistently.
- 2-3 years work experience in marketing communications writing, editing, and curating impactful, informative, and evidence-based content.
- Past experience building audiences on or offline.
- A dual-minded approach—you’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Familiarity with SaaS and B2B sales and marketing processes.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
- Ability to work in a remote environment successfully (e.g. you have a space suitable for day-to-day work from home).
…100-ish people and growing fast.
…doing our best to make a difference. Read more here.
…former hospitality professionals and start-up veterans.
…distributed; we work remotely and gather together a few times each year.
…social! We meet for team weeks, wine tastings, and lunch n’ learn sessions.
…eaters and drinkers who love to discuss food and beverage.
…changing an industry. Read more here.
…one of Built In NY’s “Best Places to Work” 2021!
Find out what it’s like to work at Sevenfifty here.
Perks & benefits:
- 100% paid individual medical, dental, and vision via Justworks and Aetna.
- Meaningful equity in an industry-changing organization.
- Unlimited vacation to rest and recover.
- 3-months of family leave to care for your child (after your first year of employment).
- Flexibility to work where you want, so long as you’re meeting your goals.
- Light the way: Inspire others with your vision for success.
- Open the door: Ask, listen, and empower others.
- Stir it up: Embrace experimentation and bring new ideas to life.
- Keep the glass full: Do more than is expected, for yourself and for others.
- Respect the craft: Commit to excellence and integrity in your work.
We are an equal opportunity employer. What does that mean at SevenFifty? We:
- Give each team member an equal opportunity to develop and grow into a leadership role.
- Acknowledge our shortcomings and try to improve our company and our industry.
- Elevate BIPOC voices in our industry publication, SevenFifty Daily.
- Do not discriminate against candidates or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.
- Have regular, sometimes awkward, conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion in our employee resource group, SevenFifty Community.
Are honest and recognize that our company isn’t as diverse as it should be.