We are seeking a creative and strategic content marketer to drive engagement and bring our brand forward across multiple content mediums. As the Content Marketing Manager, you will oversee the content marketing strategy and execution for BetterLesson, ensuring our message is consistent and engaging across all channels and personas. You are responsible for telling the BetterLesson story by creating informative content, press releases, and articles, to share BetterLesson’s brand, products, and services with K-12 District and School Leaders. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with excellent presentation and organizational skills. You will be responsible for establishing systems and processes for leveraging materials and expertise across the company to build a rich content library and calendar that will build brand recognition, engage prospects and customers, and develop qualified leads for sales. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
You will focus on 6 main functional areas:
- Content marketing strategy
- Content collaboration, creation, writing, and editing
- Thought leadership
- Press and media releases
- Content syndication
- Impact data and stories
- Define our content marketing strategy, identifying topics that speak to the jobs to be done, outcomes achieved, or relevant topics in the market that are supported with a job-embedded professional learning program.
- Conduct a content gap analysis to identify needs to support SEO and regional efforts as well as opportunities to engage each of our personas across the five stages of awareness and each stage of the buying journey.
- Create and own our monthly content calendar, defining informative and timely content themes that align with the elements and areas of focus across our product catalog.
- Write and/or edit compelling, shareable content that supports partner conversations for our target personas, including district and school leaders.
- Develop and manage a creative framework to collaborate with cross-functional teams to build our content library around the topics driving new business growth for each of our elements. Provide data and insights back to these teams to help inform content focus and topics for future content.
- Create an expansive library of case studies, interviewing customers, team members, and participants as needed to craft a compelling and outcomes-rich story to share across various mediums.
- Write brand emails that support our strategic messaging, including client and prospect newsletters and nurturing campaigns.
- Manage and build our thought leadership library, including whitepapers, webinars, case studies, podcasts, etc to support partner conversations.
- Recommend and craft stories that can be used to support and enhance national and regional marketing programs and drive new customer acquisition.
- Manage our marketing content library, communicating new content with supporting promotional descriptions for the team, while making it easy to find and leverage impactful content to support sales, renewal, and growth discussions with customers.
- Manage our press and media, including press release writing and distribution for company announcements, partnerships, impact data, success stories, etc. Work with internal/external resources to develop a press calendar that brings national awareness for our brand through strategic partnerships, partner successes, and product offerings.
- Deliver monthly reporting of content marketing initiatives that communicate the value of our content strategy and celebrates the contributions of our broader team members.
- Passionate about and eager to grow in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Committed to building and sustaining a collaborative, inclusive environment;
- Passionate about content and inbound marketing and have first-hand experience driving content strategy to support the top of funnel acquisition and customer retention.
- Data-driven and committed to continuous optimization based on analytics
- A highly motivated self-starter with proven writing and editing skills
- Experienced in interviewing customers to capture and communicate their stories
- Committed to ensuring that a greater number of educators receive the professional learning support they need to create student-centered classrooms.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or a related field
- 3-4 years of demonstrable success in content marketing and communications in the K-12 market
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English.
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend every day working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.