The Design Department at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We foster an agile, client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration. We’re passionate about delivering innovative, accessible, and beautiful products that redefine our clients’ day-to-day financial activities.
We’re looking for a motivated, collaborative, and creative individual that’s excited to kick off their career in Content Design! This is an excellent opportunity to grow with Addepar.
In this role, you’ll help set the vision for product content, and write useful, meaningful copy that helps users complete tasks. You’ll begin with more focused, tactical projects that build your knowledge and expertise in user experience and product writing, eventually taking on more strategic initiatives that drive greater impact.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning how to craft intuitive, innovative, and beautiful user experiences that people love.
This role is part of the Product organization and collaborates with product management, design, and engineering. This is not a content marketing role.
What You’ll Do
- Gain an understanding of the users, workflows, and problems in your product area.
- Balance empathy, logic, and data to make informed content decisions.
- Design UI copy for interactions, notifications, error messages, and more.
- Develop and maintain clear, easy-to-follow help articles.
- Publish release notes for new features and bug fixes.
- Regularly share and solicit feedback on your work.
- Help facilitate productive meetings, working sessions, and workshops.
- Uphold our brand principles and guidelines for product language and tone.
- Learn and gain expertise in design and operational tools at Addepar.
Who You Are
- 1 year of experience writing for products. This can be for hardware, software, at a digital agency, or as part of schooling.
- A portfolio of UX writing samples and style guidelines that showcase how you think about and approach designing exceptional content experiences.
- High emotional intelligence. People enjoy working with you.
- Exceptional writing, collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- Some experience working with design and prototyping tools like Figma.
- Some experience in the finance industry is not required, but a huge plus.
- Act Like an Owner – Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together – Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients – Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation – Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning – Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.