We believe that to create a good product, design, research and content need to work hand in hand. We are looking for a leader who shares this vision and is willing to rethink enterprise software, who believes that enterprise users should get the same usability and clarity that we expect from consumer software.
In this role, you will start by doing hands-on writing, while evaluating how and when to grow the content team. You will be responsible for all content that goes into the product after someone signs in- from onboarding to continuous engagement channels to microcopy for all product areas. This will be a high visibility role, with the potential to create significant impact in one of the fastest growing software domains.
We are looking for a Content Design Lead. This is a remote role, and candidates based anywhere in USA, Russia, Portugal, Barcelona or Singapore are welcome to apply! As a Content Design Lead, you will:
- Build the product writing practice at Workato from the ground up.
- Distill complex concepts into clear, actionable in-product copy.
- Write user interface text that facilitates navigation, on-boarding, notifications, error messages, warnings, instructions, help content, form field labels and hints, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Define product and feature names.
- Contribute to content strategy and information architecture decisions across all product areas and platforms. Ensure cohesive narratives and mental models.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Audit and assess the current state of content. Identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps, inconsistencies and opportunities.
- Design and implement the specifics of a tone-of-voice for our in-product copy, and ensure cohesive product narratives.
- Create content style-guides, writing best practices, train non-writer team members to follow guidelines, and establish governance workflows.
- Proactively document all content design decisions.
- Establish metrics to measure content performance and quality.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Work independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Establish a content design team based on work requirements.
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills
- 5+ years of content design experience in writing in-product copy.
- Native English speaker, or someone who can demonstrate a native level of English.
- Experience owning and designing end-to-end product content experiences.
- Experience translating complex product and business concepts into clear, concise, and engaging copy.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines that were actually shipped. It should highlight before and after states, and showcase value added to the product.
- Experience using data to measure impact and guide future strategies.
- Past experience in influencing behavior and promoting change.
Soft Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Ability to embrace the highly technical nature of our products. Bonus points if you’ve worked with APIs and integrations before.
- Ability to effectively present designs to stakeholders, and rally them to a shared vision.
- Ability to function independently, be self-directed and to thrive in ambiguity.