Memberful is a small remote-first company making membership software for independent publishers, educators, and creators. Our product embraces decentralization by intentionally not trying to do everything. Instead, we focus on building easy to use membership software that integrates tightly with best-in-class complementary services like WordPress, Stripe, and Mailchimp.
Historically, we’ve done very little marketing. We’ve focused on building an opinionated product our customers love while providing them with unexpectedly great service. They’ve rewarded us by telling their friends and colleagues about Memberful. It wasn’t until recently, that we decided it’s time to make a shift and take hold of our story. We hired a Head of Marketing to lead the way and have spent the last few months doing deep foundational work, learning about our competition, our customers and building out our brand expression.
This is where it gets exciting. Now that our foundation is set, we’re ready to start marketing. Memberful will never be known for flashy ad campaigns—that is counter to who we are. Instead, meaningful story-telling content will be the cornerstone of our marketing. Authenticity is a big piece of our brand and will be a big piece of our marketing and content strategy. We want to position ourselves as a thought-leader in the membership space, creating content that adds great value to our current and future customers.
Knowing content creation will be a significant part of our marketing, we are looking to add a Content Creator to our small, remote team. This person needs to be a strong writer who is passionate about membership, the subscription / passion economy and knows how to build a brand through the creation of content that people seek out. Thoughtful writing is a value of ours and is integral to this position.
- Create meaningful marketing content that drives traffic, engagement and leads.
- Content includes: blog posts, customer interviews, social content, email content and possibly, podcast content.
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial calendar/ plan.
- Create content consistent with our brand standards and voice.
- Measure and optimize the program on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Excellent writer.
- Passion for membership, subscriptions, the passion economy and entrepreneurship.
- Experience creating content for a growing SaaS business with a growing a social audience.
- Editorial/brand building mindset.
- Understands SEO basics.
- Ability to analyze content and social performance.
- Experience with Wordpress and top social channels.