The Customer Experience (CX) Team is responsible for developing and delivering best in class support across multiple customer segments. The Global Consumer Compliance Operations Team is a subset of our CX Team and is responsible for executing Compliance controls with adherence to Coinbase’s BSA/AML program, transaction monitoring, KYC, CDD, and EDD policies, procedures and standards appropriate for each jurisdiction in which Coinbase operates. As a Compliance Support Supervisor, you will lead a team of 10-15 Compliance Analysts responsible for transaction monitoring, to include preparation and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR). The supervisor sets a culture of ownership and customer focus on their teams by supporting individual and team goals and ensuring best in class customer service experiences through the team. Supervisors also identify broader customer impacting issues and work with technical and nontechnical teams to implement solutions to drive quality and productivity of operations.
What You’ll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Lead a team of 10-15 Compliance (Transaction Monitoring / AML and Fraud Investigations) Analysts; responsible for the overall performance and the quality.
- Coordinate with senior management and provide insights for process improvement.
- Communicate effectively with your team to drive individual and group performance.
- Champion change management with your team.
- Ask the question “How does this create value for customers” when making decisions.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience within the Compliance field.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of financial laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Positive energy on the future of crypto and Web3
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Experience working computers and multiple software and database systems
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
Nice to haves
- Compliance Industry certification (e.g. ACAMS)
- Advanced understanding of Google apps
- Project Management, Scrum, Agile, or Lean 6S certification/experience.
- Familiarity with the Coinbase suite of products.