We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join Block and support the continued build out of our Cash App Compliance program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
In this role, you will review accounts observing documented procedures, user guides, and guidance logs; document conclusions in a manner that is clear and complete; and adhere to established KPIs.
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Block’s Know Your Customer (KYC) policy and Global Sanctions policy
- Conduct appropriate levels of due diligence on accounts based on the customer’s risk score
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team’s processes and recommend suggestions that help define new process improvement opportunities
- Work in collaboration with Compliance, Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Block
- Stay abreast of regulatory updates and/or new requirements and understand overall impact to day to day work
- 3+ years experience in KYC and Sanctions related work, preferably within the payments space
- Working knowledge of AML and Sanctions regulations as well as industry best practices
- Investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Ability to present and communicate findings to team members and team leads
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly as things change
- Proven working experience as a Compliance Specialist
- 4+ years relevant experience in BSA/AML and Sanctions related work
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 – USD $50.43