Reporting to the Director of Compliance Operations & Investigations, this position will play a vital role in the development of policy, program and product strategy, and leading projects that directly influence how we scale the legal operations programs. We’re looking for an entrepreneur with a solid background in risk and demonstrated experience working with both legal and product teams. The right person for this role will enjoy working in an emerging industry, seeking creative solutions to never seen before issues, and introducing technically driven solutions in order to mitigate risk while also enabling business growth.
- Leverage experience and expertise to strategically influence the overall program(s);
- Develop, influence, and/or oversee program governance documentation, such as risk assessments, policy updates, procedures, and methodologies;
- Engage and project manage third-party consultant relationships and their overall work product as designated;
- Own and maintain oversight of vendor relationships, holding them to a high operating bar and ensuring they are meeting contractual obligations through formalized business reviews;
- Prepare and present to senior leaders on program level metrics and KPI’s;
- Partner closely with legal and product teams daily to execute on policy enforcement for the business.
- 5+ years experience in program management within risk, financial crimes compliance, or legal industries;
- Experience managing high-visibility projects and communicating progress to senior audiences;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities;
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated SQL experience;
- Advanced understanding of risk and financial crimes compliance industry trends, with an ability to articulate and defend OpenSea’s position.
- (Nice-to-have) Experience working crypto/web3 investigations within Fintech;
- (Nice-to-have) CAMS Certification;
- (Nice-to-have) Interest in evolving sanctions, risk, and regulatory compliance trends.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $105,000 to $180,000 plus benefits & equity.