This is an impactful position that will positively impact consumers today and into the future. The role requires a person with a traditional compliance background and one that is comfortable working with partners, executives, regulators & examiners, customers, and employees to create solutions that support our mission.
In this role, you will collaborate with internal teams like Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Operations, plus our external business partners to ensure our company and products are meeting regulatory and contractual requirements. This person will help oversee the development of policies, procedures, testing, monitoring, and training. Specifically, the work includes:
- Collaborate with the Senior Compliance Manager in maintaining the monitoring and testing program pertaining to Possible’s products and services.
- Maintain and expand Possible’s policies, procedures, and compliance management system, with an emphasis on vendor and complaint management. While ensuring we are current and exceed regulatory changes and requirements.
- Analyze and respond to complaints, including tracking and reporting trends, patterns, and high-risk indicators that require root cause analysis.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of new and special projects.
- Participate in audits and examinations to ensure a quick response and proper updates are communicated across the different stakeholders.
This opportunity requires:
- 5+ years of consumer lending compliance experience by working in a compliance or legal department at a consumer loan finance company, bank, or credit union.
- BA/BS Degree, CRCM is a plus. A JD or Paralegal Certification is not required however applicant must have the ability to research and analyze laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, and subjects applicable to consumer lending and credit cards: TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, SCRA/MLA, E-SIGN, Privacy, Identity Theft, Marketing, Fair Lending, FDCPA, EFTA, BSA/AML/OFAC, state laws, etc.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, and can communicate and coordinate with external partners and across internal teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Operations.
- Experience doing traditional compliance work such as responding to and monitoring customer complaints and implementing and maintaining an online training program. And the proven ability to take on special projects to scale the department’s efforts, lower consumer complaints, complete regulatory & product risk assessments, and/ or develop monitoring and testing transactions, disclosures, or similar.