Toast is driven by building the all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants operate their business, increase sales, engage guests, and keep employees happy.
The Toast Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Program provides a coordinated, company-wide approach to identify, measure, monitor, mitigate and treat risks, while enabling the business to innovate and deliver quality products and solutions to serve our customers.
Toast, Inc. seeks a Compliance Manager, Consumer to lead an enterprise-wide Consumer Compliance program and the Guest/Consumer line of business compliance management program for guest/consumer products, such as Online Ordering, Toast Takeout, Toast Delivery Services, Order & Pay at the Table, Loyalty, Gift Cards, Guest Marketing, Toast Tables, etc. and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and partner relationships.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage enterprise-wide Consumer Compliance Program.
- Act as the subject matter expert on laws and regulations applicable to Guest products, sales and marketing practices, and Consumer Compliance topics.
- Evaluate new and existing guest/consumer product releases and enhancements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide compliance requirements and map compliance controls, as needed.
- Establish strong relationships with business partners and provide timely support on customer compliance matters, including product-related compliance questions, escalated issues, and complaints. Oversee Guest/Consumer products and processes to ensure they are compliant with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Enhance, manage, and oversee the consumer compliance complaint management program in accordance with regulatory requirements, partner requirements, and industry guidance. Monitor, observe trends, and conduct root cause analysis of complaint data. Communicate findings and recommended actions to the business partners, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Global Testing Program to develop an internal testing program that examines business line processes, systems, and products on a recurring basis to ensure proper controls are in place and compliance requirements are met, and to identify instances of legal and/or regulatory violations. Execute testing, document testing in workpapers, and communicate findings with recommended remediation steps to relevant stakeholders.
- Identify issues and oversee remediation of consumer compliance issues in accordance with the Issue Management Program.
- Develop and implement Enterprise Consumer Compliance policies and Guest/Consumer product compliance policies and associated training.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of regulatory changes related to Consumer compliance and Guest/Consumer products’ and oversee efforts to achieve compliance with regulatory changes.
- Escalate, prepare materials, and present compliance and complaint-related risks, gaps, and observed issues to relevant committees, business partners, and persons, including the Director of Enterprise Risk and Compliance and the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings (including with strategic internal and external partners) to ensure regulatory requirements, risks, and issues are properly identified, understood, and managed in new and existing products and processes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least five (7) years of experience in a risk, compliance, or audit role at a technology company or financial (Fintech preferred) institution.
- Extensive understanding consumer laws and regulations, including but not limited to, TCFPA, TCPA, CTIA, ADA, State disability and accessibility rules, UDAP, CAN-SPAM, state wiretapping statutes, and relevant financial consumer rules such as Reg E, Electronic Global Signature Acts, Fair Credit Reporting Act, sales practices, marketing practices, UDAAP, SCRA, FDCP, and state consumer protection rules.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and reporting consumer complaints.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulatory language, synthesize, and articulate in an easily digestible manner.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, decision making, and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive action and build consensus among cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in challenging and changing situations, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Parental leave
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Core health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Subsidized backup childcare
- $112,000—$179,000 USD
*We love a great bread/food pun