If being on the ground floor of an exciting new startup working within the BaaS space seems interesting, keep reading!
As a Compliance Consultant, you will be responsible for conducting investigations related to suspicious or unusual activity, including Fraud, AML, KYC, Dispute Chargebacks, and other compliance matters. You have strong analytical skills and can communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This role will detect and investigate financial fraud on the Synctera platform by monitoring complex FinTech end-user verification and identification data, account activity, and external data sources to ensure compliance with sponsor bank regulatory and operational policies. This role is highly production-oriented, and you must be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do
- Investigate various system-generated alerts in our case management platform, including alerts for potential transaction fraud, unusual activity, and chargeback disputes.
- Investigate KYCs flagged for manual review for potential watchlist hits, and rule out synthetic or identity theft fraud.
- Collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze data related to the investigation.
- Produce clear and concise investigation reports for sponsor banks.
- Recommend and implement corrective actions and/or risk mitigation strategies based on the investigation results.
- Willingness to assist with complex work assignments with minimal supervision while adhering to timelines and procedures to ensure on-time and accurate completion of tasks;
- Stay current on enforcement trends to ensure investigations follow industry best practices.
- Maintain subject matter expertise of all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), and adhere to company policies and procedures and client requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 2 years of experience working in fraud or investigation operations at a financial institution.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, including BSA/AML, KYC, OFAC sanctions, etc.
- Relevant professional certifications are preferred (e.g., CFE, CAMS).
- Strong understanding of fraud trends and patterns.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and verify significant amounts of information with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and ability to interact well with others and to establish credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Technical knowledge is a plus as we work with a lot of developers.
- A bachelor’s degree in law, finance, technology, or a related discipline