As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, Ribbit Capital, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Analyst who will play a critical role in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and mitigating both current and emerging risks by creatively leveraging data and technology to improve the effectiveness of business and compliance processes.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $78,200 – $117,300 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
This is a remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Review proposed changes or new products, services or features to identify potential compliance risks or concerns and impact of changes to existing compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for improving the compliance process and enhancing the company’s ability to adapt to regulatory changes.
- Monitor the implementation of corrective actions and escalate when appropriate.
- Analyze regulations and their applicability to our products and services, and assist with the development of creative and compliant processes and controls
- Administer compliance tools, including configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Execute projects as directed by the manager, ensuring timely and accurate completion while seeking guidance when needed
- Monitor adherence to policies and procedures, and test the effectiveness of processes and controls
- Foster collaboration and provide cross-functional support within the department, including areas such as fraud, disputes, third-party risk management, privacy, and compliance program
- All other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of compliance risk management experience in Financial Services, specifically with consumer deposits, payments, and/or lending experience;
- Strong knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, particularly those related to consumer protection and financial products including but not limited to: UDAP/UDAAP, Reg E/EFTA, Reg B/ECOA, Reg, TISA/Reg DD, Reg Z/TILA/CARD Act.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance/regulatory risks, processes, and control frameworks, and the ability to design and evaluate the effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes;
- Experience and strong understanding of various compliance systems with the ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot.
- Clear, concise, and persuasive written and verbal communication;
- Strong orientation to deadline and detail;
- Commercially-oriented creative thinker, and problem solver;
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Mature, professional and of unquestionable integrity, carrying out excellent judgment when handling sensitive information
- Ability to embrace and champion our core values; and
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. CRCM) a plus