Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend is seeking a Compensation Lead will be responsible for day-to-day analytical and consulting support for Broad-Based and Executive Compensation programs. Participates in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation, pay grade, and salary & equity administration programs. Provides compensation analysis, benchmarking, reporting, and problem solving in support of these programs.
How you’ll contribute:
- Responsible for compensation activities including job evaluation, market pay analysis, internal impact analysis, cost projections, data audit & analysis, implementation, and communication strategies, to improve current compensation practices
- In partnership with Legal and Finance, prepare compensation-relevant public filings, e.g. proxy statement, Compensation Discussion & Analysis (CD&A), and related disclosures
- Assist with the coordination and development of meeting materials for the Compensation Committee and support executive compensation planning cycles
- Supports the Board of Directors compensation program and work with payroll and the Equity team to process Outside Director compensation
- Support efforts to enhance the effectiveness and accuracy of equity administration, including optimizing existing automation (i.e., Workday, Charles Schwab), and manual processes
- Development & implementation of compensation structure that includes designing job levels, analyzing incumbent impact, mapping jobs, building pay structures and rollout to HR & executive leadership
- Craft meaningful internal communications around the value of our rewards, including conducting manager & employee rewards trainings
- Provide consultative advice as needed on all compensation issues and provide analytic support as needed
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from a four-year college or university
- 8+ years of experience within corporate compensation with strong experience in executive compensation (3+ years) and equity administration (3+ years)
- Experience with HCM and stock administration platforms; experience with Workday a plus
- Motivated to deliver results quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and interpret complex data
- Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to effectively present information to senior executive leadership and internal and external partners
- Ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel and data analysis to perform complex calculations and model financial impact of equity/executive compensation plans
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $150,000 and $160,000