We’re looking for a communications manager to join the Coinbase communications team. The person in this role will work on both proactive and reactive communications strategy, across owned and earned channels. They will drive communications planning and execution for corporate launches and announcements, as well as manage response communications for crisis and issues management. As a communications team member, you will design and execute media relations initiatives, support executive communications, and work cross-functionally across a team of internal stakeholders. PR + crypto equals a fast-paced work environment, and the successful candidate must demonstrate grace under fire, with an ability to deliver quality communications quickly under pressure.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Communicate with all levels of the financial community.
- Develop and continually update an in-depth, comprehensive, personal understanding of the Company’s operations, technology, financial performance, and business strategy.
- Developing financial stakeholder messages for investor-related communications, including but not limited to earnings scripts and internal communications, investor relations press releases, road shows and conference presentations, and the investor relations website.
- Create engaging pitches for financial media outlets and secure positive media placements.
- Expert writing/storytelling, executive presence and acumen, and ability to swiftly capture the voice of our key leaders.
- Provide stakeholders with the appropriate background to help put corporate news into context.
- Cultivate strong relationships with top-tier national and niche financial media.
- Draft communications materials, including messaging, press releases, pitches, backgrounders, contributed articles, op-eds, blog posts and social posts.
- Stay apprised of market opinions, attitudes, and reactions to company issues, monitoring daily financial news and managing ongoing reporting and analysis for use by senior management in preparation for meetings with investors, analysts, shareholder, media, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the investor relations and across departments to develop and ensure activities are aligned with the organization’s strategic focus and business priorities
- Leverage existing financial media relationships and cultivate new contacts across a variety of sectors in top-tier national, niche, and local media.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of relevant financial or corporate communications experience at either a PR agency or an in-house communications team.
- Experience doing financial communications for a public company.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with an eye toward eliminating jargon.
- Strong executive presence, including experience working directly with executives and supporting executive communications programs.
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Hands-on: strong attention to detail and a commitment to own your work end-to-end.
- Solution-oriented: an ability to bring creative solutions to every problem, and to never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- Media savvy: an understanding of what stories will, and will not, resonate with the media.
- Collaborative: Our comms team is small and nimble and, while we have dedicated coverage areas, we all jump in and work together to support each other when company priorities require all hands on deck.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in crypto, financial technology, or traditional financial services.
- Solid working relationships with technology and business press.
- An understanding of the regulatory, security and technical landscapes influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow).
- An interest in crypto and the economic freedom it can offer. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world – and we want you to help!
Position ID: P53753