The Communications and Events Manager will be instrumental in positioning Accredible as a thought leader and as a premier solution in the digital credentialing space. Responsibilities will focus around developing and executing Accredible’s external communications strategy and producing engaging digital and in-person events. The position will report to the VP of Marketing and will require working cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to deliver high-quality work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing, our executive team, and internal stakeholders to craft a communication strategy that resonates with our team and our markets.
- Formulate and execute Accredible’s thought leadership strategy with the intent of building the company’s reputation as an industry leader.
- Collaborate with other marketing team members in the production of an annual event marketing plan that supports business objectives.
- Write and distribute press releases, thought leadership articles, and client stories to strengthen brand awareness.
- Build, develop, and leverage relationships with industry media, key community members and industry influencers to evangelize the Accredible brand, mission, and value to the market.
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond to arrange story placement on a national and global level.
- Manage external event production end-to-end and provide logistics support in areas such as venue booking, speaker management, guest invites, etc.
- Project manage online and in-person events involving company leadership. These may include presentations, panel participations, and other speakership opportunities.
- Handle the execution and logistics of U.S. and major global tradeshows and exhibitions.
- Manage cost estimates, resourcing, and creative development of trade show exhibits and displays.
- Manage and coordinate the production and approval pipeline for a broad variety of assets including sponsored articles, presentations, podcasts, guest blog posts, and press releases.
- Offer strategic counsel to the VP of Marketing and manage crisis communications if needed.
- Provide media training for senior leadership; ensure media readiness for every event produced.
- Identify, develop, and manage metrics and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to prove the success of communications initiatives.
- Report on event registration, attendance, and activity on a regular basis.
- Augment the content marketing and paid media efforts occurring concurrently as part of overall marketing campaigns.
- Research the latest communications trends and disseminate best practices to the rest of the organization.
- Lead creation of video and audio content to support the communications and events strategy.
- On an as needed basis assist the Head of People to create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee morale.
- Ensure all event marketing collateral reflects and adheres to corporate branding standards.
- Facilitate internal review, approval, execution, and distribution of communication materials and content.
- Maintain a repository of “source of truth” documents and guidelines. Periodically refresh and update existing communication collateral and archive outdated versions.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with deep experience designing and executing thought leadership campaigns for global audiences.
- Passion for storytelling and superior written and verbal communications skills, including extensive experience writing and editing.
- Experience planning and executing online and in-person industry events and trade shows with global participants in a coordinated and seamless fashion.
- Proficient in current trends and established best practices within the PR/Communication fields.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; high attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-starter who is comfortable taking the initiative.
- Team player who is able to actively listen and participate in meetings while also being comfortable working autonomously.
- Cultural awareness and the perspective to work with our international team is a plus.
- Multitasker capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Familiarity working CRM software (HubSpot, Salesforce) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Psychology, Business, Marketing, or other related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in journalism or in internal/corporate communications in technology or similar space with a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience in event management or production.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary, based on experience and location
- 35 days paid vacation time per year
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours & remote work
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.