We’re most importantly looking for people who are excited about our vision and mission. We’re redefining the category of financial wellness, and have passionate customers who can vouch for this.
We have repeatable traction on the sales side, as well as organic growth. The opportunity with this role is to join a fast-growing company that has hit the inflection point, and bring best practices in sales.
In this role, you will:
- Be a foundational member of a quickly growing sales team
- Own the end-to-end sales process – from prospecting to closing, for companies in your territory
- Prospect into potential customers in partnership with key HR/benefits brokers
- Paint the Northstar vision and opportunity for prospects, through a combination of quantitative ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Build strong relationships and champions within prospects to drive deal to close
- Partner with other Northstar teams (e.g. marketing, financial advisors, and product) to improve our go-to-market narrative and motion
- Continue to build relationships with prospects even when it’s not a fit at the time
- Collaborate with all parts of the Northstar team, including product, design, engineering, marketing, and financial advising.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We have passionate customers, organic growth and referrals. Our key goal now is to share Northstar with as many people as possible.
- You have the ability to walk into a sales organization, hit the ground running, and blow out your sales targets with customers excited about our company.
- Our team is very cross-functional. Titles are fluid, when everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways. Our team is highly collaborative, and we do our best work when collaborating with each other.
- You enjoy solving problems with first principles.
- Have at least one to three years of total software closing sales experience
- Have experience running a full sales cycle
- Have HR and benefits broker connections that can help jump start your prospecting
- Know how to navigate cross-functionally within a company to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in, and close deals with VP and C-Level decision makers
- Have experience in the early high growth stages of a startup, before systems and processes have been completely established
- Be comfortable with traveling at least 20% of the time (post COVID-19)
How you will be successful:
- Passionate about our mission of making financial wellness accessible to every individual
- Are a charismatic seller capable of inspiring a buyer and organization
- Are a relationship-oriented and team-oriented seller
- Have a bias towards action and have high agency
- Believe that having a great sales process leads to great sales results
- Thrive when solving ambiguous and open-ended problems
- Are highly coachable and invested in your professional growth, development, and career path
- Are a life-long learner, humble, and constantly looking to improve
- Excel in fast-changing, high growth environments
- Are highly empathetic (to teammates, customers, everyone), and love learning from other viewpoints
- Believe that clarity of communication is important, both spoken and written
- Are motivated by having a positive impact on the world around you