The Security team is growing and we need YOU! Our focus is to ensure our systems continue to detect world class attacks as well as to reduce risks in our software and systems. That is to ensure they are designed and implemented in a secure manner. We work collaboratively across the whole company to accomplish these goals and we’re a growing team that’s looking for a smart, experienced, energetic, and a humble security engineer.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Security Engineer, preferably one that has a track record of analyzing the security posture of cloud environments and implementing preventative controls to improve the security posture of such an environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is extremely focused, excited and technically adept to make a huge impact. The role will include adding preventative controls and measures into both our corporate and production environments. Additionally you will develop and add security controls into our product, ensuring the highest level of security within our product offerings. You will have a go getter attitude and work across various teams to prioritize and track resolution of identified issues.
To be successful you will:
- Evaluate the security controls of the various cloud provider environments
- Willing and able to automate, automate, automate!
- Find creative solutions to harden our environments against threats
- Develop new security controls into our product offerings
- Improve our logging capabilities, both internally and within the product
- Work with other teams to discover new opportunities to secure our platforms
- Assist with code reviews, evaluate code for security issues and participate in secure code designs.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and other Security Engineers to operate at high velocity; and extend that use to other teams in a DevSecOps cultural model.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Advocate for best-security practices to the entire engineering organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- 5+ years of experience in a security engineering role.
- Deep knowledge of current threat intelligence and modern attacker exploits.
- Deep knowledge of hardening cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of generic platform hardening
- Ability to write code in common languages like Python, Java, Go or Rust.
- Good AWS knowledge and hands on experience. Bonus for experience with all three major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Good knowledge and experience with network protocols, cryptography, security threats, attack techniques, evasive techniques, detection and prevention methods.
- Good knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes and how to secure those environments.
- Understanding of real-time threat detection, secrets management, security considerations within build, release, CI/CD and other similar tooling.
- Good understanding of database knowledge, with Snowflake experience being highly desirable.
- Experience working remotely across many time zones and cultures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to target your communication to the audience, whether technical or not.
Salary Range: $119k – $300k USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus + Equity