Varis stands as a pioneering force in the realm of digital procurement and commerce, serving as the nexus where buying organizations and suppliers seamlessly unite, forge contracts, transact, and prosper together. As a rapidly ascending technology startup, our core focus lies in digital commerce software-as-a-service and procurement, specifically within the dynamic landscape of B2B e-commerce.
At the heart of Varis beats an unwavering commitment to innovation and a customer-centric ethos that is poised to revolutionize business-to-business marketplaces. Joining our team at this juncture is akin to stepping onto the ground floor of an extraordinary opportunity to co-shape our destiny. Here, you’ll not only witness but actively participate in the direct impact of your work, surrounded by a cadre of passionate individuals. You’ll find yourself at the epicenter of a profoundly dynamic business model teeming with untapped individual and collective potential.
Your passion, innovation, and creativity are the very catalysts that will propel us to unprecedented heights. Join us today and be instrumental in propelling Varis into a future brimming with promise and possibility.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for Varis customer acquisition from prospect to close.
- Develop and execute a prospecting strategy based on emails, calls, and conference attendance to find new prospects and convert existing leads.
- Develop sales from business partnerships.
- Conduct comprehensive discovery calls with decision makers to assess alignment with Varis value proposition.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the SaaS sales process, Private Sector procurement needs, ideal customer profile, and Varis value proposition.
- Apply challenge selling to demonstrate tailored solutions based on customer needs.
- Present tailored demonstration of Varis solution.
- Consistently land mid-sized Private Sector customers based on sales targets.
- Serve as a highly motivated professional who does what is right for the customer.
- Remain ahead of the curve with respect to the latest sales trends, economic indicators, and newest technologies, including competitor research.
- Establish and maintain both technical and business credibility with customer leadership.
- Build strong internal, external, and cross-functional relationships.
- Meet (or exceed) individual sales quotas/targets.
- Achieve (or exceed) team sales quotas/targets.
- Deliver successful new territory launches.
Who You Are
Cultural + Technical:
- Model our 5C Culture with expanded emphasis on:
- Customer: Relentlessly focus on serving our customers to ensure their success and deliver value.
- Commitment: Set achievable but aggressive goals for the team and sacrifice personal gain in the pursuit.
- Change: Partner with peers across the business and empower associates to find better/more efficient ways of working.
- Caring: Provide effective, ongoing coaching that focuses on shared outcomes.
- Creativity: Encourage the team to take calculated risks and explore new opportunities.
What You’ll Need
Education, Experience, Preferred Certifications/Designations:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Full cycle sales experience with a strong track record of surpassing sales targets. Also, open to strong BDR experience.
- 4 years or more of selling to mid-market organizations.
- Familiarity with SaaS technology/E-Commerce.
- Experience with Challenger or Consultative Sales methodologies
- Hunting and Closing skill set.
- Ability to work with both short (30-90 days) and longer sales cycles.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while successfully managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, influence, problem solve, and engage with all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record in adapting to change.
- KPI and goal driven.
- Travel required: ~10% of time.
At Varis, pay scales are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate, and pay relative to other team members.
The figures in this range reflect the average annual base salary for the given role, while additional variable incentives based on performance may also be available. Recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits, and equity during the hiring process.