Guild is hiring a Chief Product & Technology Officer (CPTO) to lead our Product and Engineering teams. As the nation’s leading B Corporation focused on reshaping education and upskilling for the future of work, we are passionate about building products to support America’s frontline workforce, and a platform that can support our mission at scale.
Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, Rachel Romer, and serving as a key member of the executive leadership team, the CPTO will enable our Product and Engineering teams to deliver a best in class product aligned to Guild’s business objectives and our customer first approach.
The ideal candidate is a passionate leader and advisor, with deep experience in driving product development strategies in high growth environments. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, and have a track record as both a functional Engineering and Product leader, driving forward collaboration, high quality work, and generating results. The successful candidate will also have the confidence and know-how to guide their team’s leaders in building more effective and collaborative teams.
The CPTO will work closely with colleagues including, Bijal Shah, Kalyan Nanduru, Steve Peck and our broader Engineering and Product teams, along with other inquisitive and inspiring teammates at Guild. This role will continue to build the operational muscle needed to meet the market, and enable our platform teams to effectively and efficiently work against our product roadmap.
- Own and manage the product & solutions roadmap, in partnership with the executive team and strategic leaders across the organization. As a solutions company, Guild has multiple delivery mechanisms – product, operations, marketing – all of which the CPTO will responsible for authoring
- Structure and develop an impactful product and technology organization, developing a strong bench of future leaders and current executors who are focused on throughput and delivery
- Own the company’s product strategy, guiding our key decisions on the products we build in partnership with the key strategic leaders
- Own and execute on the company’s platform, data, technology strategies
- Collaborate with leaders to connect the product & solutions roadmap with the overall company strategy, domain strategies and key initiatives
- Contribute to Guild’s leadership team as a high-performance executive and teammate
- Evangelize Guild’s technology prowess to help differentiate us in the market, and to showcase our ability to win from a tech perspective
- You’re highly collaborative, with excellent interpersonal skills and known as a great executive team member and partner
- You manage to outcomes, excel at planning and organizational alignment and optimize for constant, iterative improvement in everything you do
- You’re focused on self-development and practice self-awareness
- You earn tremendous followership amongst those who work for you, and can build A+ teams with strong cultures and a sense of belonging for your team
- You have strong situational adaptability – with a knack for creating calm out of chaos – and you effectively manage ambiguity while helping to drive clarity in the process
- You are known for your decision-making prowess, and can manage highly complex and long-range decision cycles with a variety of internal and external partners
- Expertise collaborating with senior leaders with differing opinions and proven examples of pushing ideas forward that led to better outcomes for the company
Strongly Preferred Experience:
- You’ve led both product and engineering functions, with a focus on large, complex, technical organizations (300+).
- You’ve led product and engineering teams focused on building and delivering platform capabilities.
- You’ve likely also supported large enterprise customers and potentially worked in a marketplace business where balancing partners is critical.
- You have a love for operational excellence and structuring teams for maximum efficiency and throughput. You excel in large-scale project management and have a passion for iterative development.
- You’ve led successful teams in both hypergrowth and scale up environments ($100M to $1B), and have demonstrated skills for driving successful teams through multiple phases of growth and scale.
- Experience building purely technical products as well as products that function within a solutions context, e.g., as part of an ecosystem, in conjunction with services, etc.
- You’ve helped teams mature existing products and know when to build vs buy vs partner
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $350,000-$400,000, as well as company stock options.