The Chief People Officer is responsible for leading our people and talent strategies, managing and mitigating organizational risks, and continuing the development of our human resource-related strategies, policies and procedures.
We seek an impact-driven senior leader with experience overseeing all areas of HR, including employee relations, benefits, compensation, policy development, records maintenance, payroll interface, management development, recruiting, and HRIS systems, and must have a strong understanding of local, state, federal, and some international laws and regulations related to employment. This leader has competency in driving execution, data-informed decision making, designing an organization structure that fosters speed of execution and ensures role clarity, establishing rules of engagement, facilitating decision-making, and promoting accountability. This leader has experience building an employee experience and employer brand that attracts and retains the right person to the right role at the right time. This leader will be accountable for developing Cityblock leaders and managers to build lean, high-performing teams, and to skillfully guide their teams through culture change and business transformation efforts. Drive a culture of results, innovation, collaboration, accountability, celebration, and service to mission.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, oversee all areas of HR, lead HR strategy, and be the single accountable leader for driving execution across all HR functions with high fidelity
- Build and retain a high-performing HR team with a proven ability to recruit top talent, create high-performing cultures and use a facts-and-data approach to assess organizational health
- Anchor our Cityfolx strategy in Cityblock’s unique values, themselves centered on driving an anti-racist agenda throughout every aspect of our People function, and on bringing to life our commitment to social justice in how we show up as an employer in the communities we serve
- Build a highly effective internal communications program to ensure all employees feel connected to their work, understand the future, and always know what to deliver
- Develop and implement the organization’s comprehensive talent strategy across the Cityfolx lifecycle and organizational footprint, and partner with the Executive and People teams to put that strategy into action
- Function as the People thought partner to plan, develop, organize, and implement the company’s strategic people functions in equitable, truly inclusive ways, and through continued scale
- Serve as HRBP to CEO and the Executive team, developing senior executive talent and both growing and evolving the team as Cityblock scales
- Develop people operations planning models, performance management processes, and learning and development programs to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and design specific programs to fill the identified gaps, all rooted in dismantling white-dominant cultural norms
- Develop and evaluate the HR Information System (HRIS) and processes to ensure that employee information is accurate, reportable and reliable; ensure data is collected in a way that provides insightful analysis that will support critical organizational solution building
- As Cityblock’s resident culture steward, develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, overall company morale, and internalization of Cityblock’s culture while keeping in mind the scale and the geographically dispersed employee base
- Advise on Total Rewards strategy to ensure Cityblock is able to attract, engage and retain the current and future talent of the organization
- Develop strategic programs to drive skill development across Cityfolx, including, e.g., retention-linked investment in clinical professional training programs, or development of technical pipelines from frontline care teams
- Lead and support Board interactions around Talent, Compensation and People initiatives
- Facilitate the ongoing growth and development of the People teams
Requirements for the Role:
- 15+ years of experience in engaging in and leading people & culture efforts and activities (including in non-People leadership roles), ideally in a high-growth environment
- Proven track record of building and maintaining fantastic teams and values-aligned cultures through periods of hyper growth and change (ideally 500 –> 5,000+ FTE)
- Experience developing and leading scaling teams with a diverse workforce across multiple sites
- True self-starter with willingness and eagerness to contribute to building Cityblock’s People systems and infrastructure across services and technology
- Experience building strong relationships, seen as a trusted advisor and coach across an organization
- Proven record of delivering operational and execution excellence in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative cross functional leader able to partner with Legal, Finance, and other key stakeholders across the business
- Experience building and shaping company cultures
- Deep understanding of employee motivations and needs
- Experience in all aspects of the People function — from recruiting to business partnering and people operations
- Aligned to the Cityblock mission and dedicated to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $240,000 to $375,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.