The Chief of Staff to the Chief Operations Officer will partner with the COO and their leadership team across Sales, Client Success, Operations, Legal, Clinical Research, and Marketing. The CoS will build strong cross-functional partnerships both inside and outside the business unit and lead a portfolio of strategic long-range initiatives.
The CoS will be a strategic thought partner and provide a sounding board while sharing perspectives with the COO and Modern Health’s executive team. Over time, the CoS will develop trust to become a proxy for the COO, making decisions and driving prioritization of time and effort through their relationship as a trusted advisor.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Maximize the time of the COO and leadership team
- Create content for internal and external purposes (company presentations, investors presentations, external interviews and appearances, key mtgs etc.)
- Communicate priorities and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects – everything from defining new opportunities to executing cross-functional initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations.
- Lead leadership team meetings, prepare agendas and follow-through on action items.
- Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence the business. Connect the dots for key stakeholders to drive increased alignment.
- Project manage key cross-functional work streams to ensure the team is aligned to accomplish key deliverables
- Manage strategic planning, budgeting processes, and executive communication preparation
- Work with leaders to develop OKRs, ensure alignment, and support measurement
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, budgeting/financial planning, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions
- 7+ years experience in combination of operations, product management, program management, strategy, investment banking, venture capital, operations, supply chain, consulting, or an equivalent field
- Ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Go-to-Market organizations
- Bias for action and a mentality that no job is too big or too small
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health’s platform
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health’s equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.