The Chief of Staff for the SVP Enterprise Field Operations and Service Delivery at Lumen will be a motivated and adaptable individual who will ensure the Executive can execute against defined priorities. This individual will help the SVP identify the areas where they must direct their focus and help streamline activities. The Chief of Staff also partners closely with the Executive Assistant to strategically manage the leader’s time and help determine fit with the priorities. This role is critical to the systematic operating function of the Lumen Field Business Operations leadership team and organization and will handle day-to-day activities to allow the SVP to focus on transforming our business.
The Main Responsibilities
- Define and execute direct and extended staff meeting agendas. This includes cadence of town halls, all hands meetings, management meetings, 1 on 1 reviews, and operation reviews.
- Ensure Executive is thoroughly prepared for all external and large internal meetings; manage necessary prep calls, ensure prep information is consolidated into a digestible format, etc.
- Partner with HR on people planning (work force planning, location strategy, org structure management, and people metrics)
- Coordinate and manage organizational goals & objectives
- Coordinate employee recognition and culture efforts
- Partner cross functionally to improve the employee experience
- Manage internal communications strategy (intra-org and on behalf of the org – partnering with the Senior Manager of Communications.)
- Prepare Executive and External presentations.
- Maintain and keep strategy presentations up to date
- Partner with Executive Assistant to coordinate Executive’s time aligned to internal and external priorities
- Facilitate cross functional priorities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Proven track record of success in an operational role where executive priorities are translated into actionable plans that can be tracked.
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder management situations
- Attention to detail across a broad range of contexts and topics
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Experience with Business Operations and Planning, Business Transformation and/or Management Consulting is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of related experience and 3+ years’ experience at manager level with a Bachelor’s degree
Bachelors or Equivalent
The starting salary for this role differs based on the employee’s primary work location. Employees typically do not start at the top of the range, though compensation depends on each individual’s qualifications.
Location Based Pay Ranges
$94420 – $118028 in these states: AR, ID, KY, LA, ME, MS, NE, SC, and SD.
$99390 – $124230 in these states: AZ, AL, FL, GA, IN, IA, KS, MO, MT, NM, ND, OH, OK, PA, TN, UT, VT, WV, WI, and WY.
$104360 – $130448 in these states: CO, HI, MI, MN, NV, NH, NC, OR, and RI.
$109330 – $136665 in these states: AK, CA, CT, DE, DC, IL, MD, MA, NJ, NY, TX, VA, and WA.
As with the pay range variety that’s based on the region of a country, specific offers are determined by various factors such as experience, education, skills, certifications and other business needs.