VergeSense is seeking a dynamic, growth-oriented Chief Financial Officer (Pre-IPO Startup) to guide the company’s continued growth acceleration and enterprise value creation. The successful candidate will have proven experience scaling VC-backed SaaS/enterprise software companies through organic and M&A led growth strategies.
The CFO is responsible for directing and overseeing the financial operations of the company. This includes accounting and controllership; financial planning and analysis; treasury and cash management; audit, tax, and compliance; risk management; investor relations; and legal. Reporting to the CEO, the successful CFO will thrive in a high-growth, fluid, and metrics-oriented environment, with a deep passion for driving results.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a strategic advisor and thought partner to the CEO and executive leadership team to advance VergeSense’s vision, mission, approach and strategic plan via a sustainable business model
- Lead the accounting and financial control functions and team members that support day-to-day financial operations
- Work collaboratively across the organization to support decision-making, ensure financial integrity, and implement best practices and innovations in financial management
- Develop and analyze financial reports; making business recommendations and updating FP&A processes to optimize financial performance
- Manage the strategic planning and budgeting process
- Lead future fundraise modeling and diligence
- Define and explore strategic growth opportunities including M&A
- Implement, maintain, and audit internal financial controls, policies, and procedures
- Prepare and present regular financial reports as required by management and Board of Directors
- Manage the preparation and support of all external audits and diligence requests
- Oversee the management of the company’s capitalization table
- Have a strong leadership presence as an internal/external storyteller and simplifier
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of experience as a CFO or senior finance leader managing a team of finance and accounting professionals
- Experience in high growth stage enterprise business ($10-$50M ARR growing 100+% YoY)
- Experience in raising post-Series C to pre-IPO rounds; experience taking a company public a strong plus
- Strategic/operational CFO who will be a strong business partner to the CEO and be externally facing to partners/board of investors
- Deep SaaS model experience; HaaS and services a plus
- Experience with M&A (both buying and selling) and post-acquisition integration
- International business experience
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ), empathetic with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and customer base
A successful candidate resonates and embodies our core values:
- Be customer obsessed: Advocate for customers. Constantly listen to customers, prioritize customer needs across every business objective, and continuously add value to the customer experience.
- Just get started: Dive in! You have agency, so take ownership. Don’t hesitate to make decisions and embrace uncertainty as an opportunity to learn.
- Deliver quality results: Maintain razor-sharp focus on what matters. Ruthlessly prioritize, cut distractions, and commit to excellence.
- Communicate with high bandwidth: Communicate in a clear, accurate, and appropriate manner. Encourage different viewpoints and accept feedback. Speak candidly, even when it may be uncomfortable.
- Lead with empathy: Nurture an inclusive workplace environment where people from all backgrounds are seen, heard, and supported. We thrive together.
• A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
• Competitive compensation and equity
• Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
• Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it