The Chief Architect will lead the enterprise architecture function. Converting architecture and strategy into actionable delivery will be a primary requirement for this position. The focus of the role is to ensure that the business strategy, along with any relevant trends, is expressed in the enterprise’s processes and systems. This role will facilitate digital and technology change in the enterprise in a way that maximizes its value and minimizes the associated difficulties.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the technology strategy for the Digital organization; create and advance the enterprise architecture vision in line with modern trends in digital technology
- Own and create the enterprise technology roadmap and how it interfaces with critical organizations and priorities such as information security
- Develop an Enterprise Architecture framework and provide higher-level technical oversight and guidance for all digital initiatives
- Consult with and provide guidance to senior management and a number of departments on advanced technical issues
- Head the Digital organization’s architecture board and define and govern the interface with technologies being brought into the enterprise
- Establish technical workflows between the various parts of the Digital Services and Security (DSS) organization and the rest of the Twilio R&D universe
- Own the enterprise’s infrastructure and cloud strategy
- Create and own the enterprise technology capability map to enable the rest of the DSS team to align their service portfolio to the organization’s capabilities
- Senior most technical resource who represents DSS in internal technical leadership forums
- Considered a thought leader who represents Twilio in external technical forums
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 12+ years of experience in the Information Technology discipline.
- 7+ years of experience as an Enterprise Architect directing and leading technology architects for large corporations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management and engineering teams.
- Strong expertise in Identity and Access Management, Agile software methodologies, cloud and data center infrastructure and applications.
- Drive a culture of innovation, data driven solutions and a forward compatibility mindset to ensure the workforce is seeking and leveraging emerging industry trends and changes that affect the business and the member experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent: Computer Engineering or Science
This role will be remote based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, and Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $234,480 – $293,100
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $248,420 – $310.400
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $275,840 – $344,800
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.