PM’s Advisory Services group is looking for a Manager-level professional for our Valuations practice. In the Silicon Valley, business is booming and with this climate, BPM is providing a fantastic opportunity for a Valuation Manager. We are looking for world-class talent combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to succeed. BPM professionals are a team of dynamic individuals who are passionate about their careers as much as they are about their personal lives.
Pay Range- $110,000 150,000
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications
You Have (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or applied mathematics, from an accredited college/university is required. Advanced degree in business or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in business valuation at a valuation, consulting, accounting, or investment banking firm.
- 5+ years’ total experience in professional services.
- Connected into a market for growth in business development.
- Collaborative. Demonstrable experience in identifying new opportunities for work, up-selling and cross-selling highly desirable.
- Understanding of derivatives and advanced modeling techniques for companies in the life sciences and technology industries strongly preferred.
- Strong foundation of financial valuation requirements for fair value analyses under financial reporting requirements required.
- Experience with gift & estate valuations.
- Skilled in high touch client service.
- Possesses or is very near completion of a valuation certification (ASA, CVA, ABV, CFA, etc.)
- Achievement of or significant progress towards an MBA or CFA will be considered a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Experience with Monte Carlo Simulation tools preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; strong business and financial statement analysis skills, solid understanding of the capital markets, and client and staff management skills are required.
- Management of valuation and financial modeling engagements for tax, financial reporting, transaction, dispute resolution and strategic decision making purposes.
You Will (Responsibilities)
- Identify critical valuation issues. Research, propose, and execute relevant strategies to reach a resolution on such issues.
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to business valuation issues and issues related to a specific industry of interest.
- Assume a supervisory role in the generation of detailed financial models and valuation or advisory reports. Manage a team and processes.
- Growth mindset. Enthusiastically embrace business development activities and accept accountability for generating new business.
- Develop and maintain an active network of contacts and participate in industry associations.
- Work with senior market research and assessment staff to identify and develop highly credible and defensible perspectives on value in advisory engagements.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with clients and enhance services provided to clients through the effective use of technology, tools, staff utilization, and project management skills.
- Work with senior staff on the development of various thought leadership articles, projects and presentations.
- Most important, be passionate about being excellent, being responsive, and being efficient while enjoying the culture of a high performing team that cares about working with each other.