DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you’ll do
This position will be responsible for leading end-to-end project-based process improvement initiatives and system architectural solutions through analysis and discussion of process alternatives to arrive at best practices for the Quote-to-Cash function for our Commercial, Enterprise and Partner ecosystem customers. This role will work with Finance stakeholder groups to resolve process questions, assess user and business needs, and recommend changes to business processes to enable efficiency, remove redundancy and introduce automation.
This person will initiate and lead efforts to develop innovative solutions to unique and/or complex business challenges in the Quote-to-Cash Accounting area of the business, with a strong knowledge of Revenue Recognition. Solutions may require coordination across the business as well as some coordination with other businesses, including multiple systems, or systems not directly controlled by the business. The individual will also educate others about process strategy and approach for how processes will be developed and maintained, as well as provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance.
The overall role requires a strong set of Finance and Accounting, Revenue, Project Management and communication skills, as well as the ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives and manage competing priorities.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Business Process Director.
- Execute on and manage business initiatives, improvements and projects for the Quote-to-Cash Finance function, focusing on the processes and operations that impact Finance end-to-end in these areas
- Leverage your knowledge and experience in Quote-to-Cash systems architecture to provide efficient and compliant solutions for the end-to-end Quoting process through to Revenue Recognition
- Liaise with business leaders and stakeholders to ensure requirements, business goals and objectives are clear and align to concrete strategic and tactical plans
- Partner cross-functionally, as well as with scrum teams and technical transformation teams as a product manager
- Facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery and prioritization of the Quote-to-Cash deliverables to drive top line growth
- Design and manage operational and process standards that can be widely adopted, including best practices, work procedures, application, quality objectives, technical and functional solutions, and key metrics for assessing progress
- Support organization of testing of new processes and features, including User Acceptance Testing
- Document and maintain business requirements, functional requirements and process flows
- Serve as an expert in DocuSign products and systems, and propagate knowledge to the rest of operational teams by providing guidance and sharing best practices
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree and/or CPA qualified
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of Quote-to-Cash experience, Finance and Accounting with a bias to Revenue Recognition
- 5+ years of process solutions and/or operations product management, consulting, or related business experience in Quote-to-Cash
- 5+ years of experience with large CPQ, ERP, Subscription Billing and Revenue Recognition systems
- 5+ years of experience in technology, including enterprise applications, automation tools, and database systems
- Experience in a company that has scaled with accelerated growth or large software development organizations
- Experience with AI, RPA, Bots
- Partner or Channel ecosystem and program experience (e.g., Resell, Referral, ISV)
- Knowledge of process management and improvement (e.g., Lean Thinking, Six Sigma) methodologies with a track record of improving processes
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal support
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Strong communication and negotiations skills
- Confident in working with management team members
- Technically proficient to be comfortable asking questions to dig into development issues, quickly gather and synthesize information, devise a plan, get buy-in and move towards resolution
- Ability to see the big picture and work with a team to prioritize pipeline requests, ensuring delivery alignment without compromising goals
Based on applicable legislation, the below details pay ranges in the following locations:
California: $105,100 – $161,775 base salary
Illinois and Colorado: $98,800 – $135,850 base salary
Washington and New York (including NYC metro area): $98,800 – $144,550 base salary
This role is also eligible for bonus, equity andbenefits.