DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you’ll do
As Business Process Manager for RTB (Run-The-Business), you have in-depth knowledge of Technical Accounting principles and strong business process improvement skills to help identify, automate, and implement best practices for the company. This role will manage the “run the business” team and will be responsible for reviewing production and enhancements tickets, working with the Finance teams on business requirements, partnering with various cross-functional teams on tickets prioritization, attending daily scrum meetings, and helping coordinate and manage project timeline and UAT testing. Additionally, this role may collaborate with the Enterprise Application team on technical design solutioning. Solutions proposal may require tight coordination and communication within the Business Transformation team to ensure the proposal is aligned with overall strategies. This role also interacts with SOX compliance team to ensure it complies with company controls and policies, as well as helping maintain training and process flow documents.This role supports business teams in various regions (e.g., US, EMEA) and will help manage all RTB “Run the Business” tickets to ensure tickets are reviewed, priortized, and executed in a timely manner. The objective is to provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders.Lastly, this role will educate others about process strategy and approach for how processes will be developed and maintained, and provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director, Business Process.
- Manage and organize production issues and enhancement requests for all workstreams (Quote-to-cash, Source-to-Pay, Acquire-to-Retire, Record-to-report, Reporting, and Tax)
- Consult with business leaders and stakeholders on business requirements, establishing clear goals and objectives to ensure it aligns to DocuSign’s strategic vision
- Partner cross-functionally to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery, help create project plan, and assist on ticket prioritization to ensure timely delivery of results
- Organize User Acceptance Testing with various business partners
- Document and maintain up-to-date process documentation, training and process flows
- Identify and/or create SOX controls
- Participate in GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation information gathering, documentation and monitoring
- Be an expert in DocuSign products and systems and propagate knowledge to the rest of operational teams by providing guidance and sharing best practices
- Develop a team-based work environment
- Support company policies, mission and values
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small and large software development organizations
- Knowledge of process management/improvement, Lean Thinking, Six Sigma methodologies preferred and history of improving processes
- Proficient with Google suites product, Oracle Cloud Fusion, JIRA, ServiceNow, Automation tools (RPA or Bots), and Excel
- Effective communication and negotiations skills
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Able to work autonomously with minimal support
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Confident in working with management team members
- Ability to see the big picture and work with a team to prioritize pipeline requests, ensuring delivery alignment without compromising goals
- Focus on customer satisfaction to win our customer’s continued business and loyalty
Based on applicable legislation, the below details pay ranges in the following locations:
California: $118,300 – $182,775 base salary
Illinois and Colorado: $111,600 – $153,525 base salary
Washington and New York (including NYC metro area):$111,600 – $162,625 base salary
This role is also eligible for bonus, equity and